• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

User Product filter

ecarey

Setting in My Account and signup so that product filtering can happen. On my site there will be items that have nudity and I wish that the customer can filter these items if they wish, renderosity.com has this option and it seems that it would be useful for other types of filtering.

Eddie Carey

Add a new field to the products table products_to_hide tinyint 1

Add a new field to the customers table customers_see_all tinyint 1

Next, write a function tep_get_i_can_see_you for checking the customer against the product setting.

Now create a function tep_image_can_be_seen that determins based on the results of of tep_get_i_can_see you that either send the right image call to tep_image or sends a different image like you_cant_see_this.jpg

Easy eh? :shock:

Not exactly what I was thinking .... This would change the image, I was wanting a filter that would remove a product type by user choice like changing their password, just an idea. I was able to do it with LaGarde's StoreFront but that's asp... php is starting to look greek but on the other hand that may be how I sound. I'll start playing with it on a sub domain so my site stays intact.

:lol: Thanks lots for the info

You can do the same thing by using an additional where statement on the select sections.

You have to do this in several locations, but once setup, you will not see the products if the customer has said do not show me.

• 3 weeks later...

But do not have the programming experience on how to make it happen. Is there anyone who can offer me what I have to do exactly?

Thanks so much for any help!

Archived