• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

serious bug with oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817

monstredeminuit

Hi,

Well, I recently wanted to re-install my OSCommerce from scratch. So I downloaded the latest version of OsCommerce 2.2ms2-060817 . Once installed, I noticed that I cannot update any of the settings in the modules under the ADMIN pannel/modules section. I can Install/Uninstall the modules alright, and I can edit any of the configs under the regular Admin Configs section. But updating the modules will simlpy not register.

I re-installed the shopping cart 4 times, and always the same problem.

Then, I thought I'd install 2.2ms2-051113 to see if it works with that version. And....... it does! All modules can be edited alright.

I don't know what caused that bug, but I think people should try it and see if they experience the same bug.

Cheers to all,

This issue has been addressed soon after the 060817 update was released. You could either search this forum or go to the News and Announcements section and browse osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 060817 Update Released (only several pages in total), you'd find the solution there.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Just in case, here's the solution:

Open/edit both compatibility.php files (one under catalog/includes/functions, the other under admin/includes/functions), and add 'reset($ar);' to the end of the do_magic_quotes_gpc function, i.e., just before the the last } of this function.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

Thanks GemRock.

I just wonder though: why not replace the download file with the proper patched update? This is confusing... I mean, imagine everyone downloading oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817 and not understanding what they did wrong during install...

I lost tons of time on this one, and I did search on the forum for a solution... Plus, I already know pretty much my way around OsCommerce. Imagine a newbie coming into OsCommerce with a bug like that on the official release file... They'd be lost amnd they certainly will not know where to look for an answer.

My two cents.

Not complaining, just wishing that the official download file would be working fine...

Thanks again for the solution though. I appreciate it very much!

...I just wonder though: why not replace the download file with the proper patched update? ...

Well, that's a good point. My understand is that it takes time to get something into the official release. The posted solution could best be described as a work-around for the time being, perhaps? and I am not sure if *everyone* would experience that problem.

Ken

Archived