• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

WHAT NOW THAT I INSTALLED osCOMMERCE

I am trying to learn how to set up a store and have installed osCommerce on a newly purchased website that currently is empty. What I cannot figure out is now that at it is installed is how do I open it I can see the store and make adjustments to the text, etc.

I have used frontpage in the past to create websites with good luck.

I am stitting with this osCommerce site and not able to do anything with it....please, please help me

Hi Charles.

Firstly, forget about using frontpage. It is basically useless to you for osCommerce. Get yourself an editor such as PHP Designer. It, as is many others, free.

If osCommerce is in there properly, when you type in your url, you should get the home page straight away.

To go to the admin section, you type in your url followed by /admin (that is www.mysite.com/admin). You should then be asked for your username and password.

You are going to need to carry out many modifications. A good place to start is the knowledge base which can be found at http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce.

Good lick, don't expect to have it right in a couple of hours. There is a lot to do before it will be ready for you.

Archived