• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Mysterious N's popping up

laurajohio

If you go to http://www.truthcenter.net/oraclemedia/sho.../6057/index.php you will notice on the catagories ( ie, clickon the digital corner) you will see these myserious N's, now i know computer languages but i cannt find out for the life of me where these n's are coming up. I Also notice alot of my images are mysteriously disspearing, and also in configurations, there is 5 or 6 of each topic which is odd, this is a free tmeplate i got off the internet, so any help is appreciated

That is hapenning because you are using the admin->tools->filemanager to edit your files. You either need to use a different editor or install the latest updates for oscommerce (which you really should do anyway). To get rid of the n's, you will need to replace all instances of

"n"

with

"\n"

in the files that were edited.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

UHH Wwll yes I do use that, What the hell else would i use to edit it?? If not that. And I have the latest OsCommerce, I dont know to install updats or how that works.. WHY IS THIS STUPID PROGRAM SO COMPLICATED?? I thought it was supposed to be EASY HAHAHAHA? I am a graduate with degrees in computer languages and I Cant get this crap!!! Ridiculous. I cannot remember which files i edited or where i placed N's ?? Are You able to tell me where i DID this?? So I can exchange it, I edited a bunch of files for christ sakes.'

Laura

That is hapenning because you are using the admin->tools->filemanager to edit your files. You either need to use a different editor or install the latest updates for oscommerce (which you really should do anyway). To get rid of the n's, you will need to replace all instances of
"n"

with

"\n"

in the files that were edited.

Jack

UHH Wwll yes I do use that, What the hell else would i use to edit it?? If not that. And I have the latest OsCommerce, I dont know to install updats or how that works.. WHY IS THIS STUPID PROGRAM SO COMPLICATED?? I thought it was supposed to be EASY HAHAHAHA? I am a graduate with degrees in computer languages and I Cant get this crap!!! Ridiculous. I cannot remember which files i edited or where i placed N's ?? Are You able to tell me where i DID this?? So I can exchange it, I edited a bunch of files for christ sakes.'

Laura

show us a url and we should be able to point you in the right direction

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

I have backed up my database, and also backed up my images for products, now If I was to install a new store, and start over to get rid of these N's what exactly do i need to save, I do not want to enter my products again and waste my time.... What do i save? and what where do i put it and when the new store is installed, how to i put my database and images back in??

Laura

I liasted an url in the 1st post, www.truthcenter.net is the index page then will lead to our store, Hope that helps.

Laura

I liasted an url in the 1st post, www.truthcenter.net is the index page then will lead to our store, Hope that helps.

Laura

I went to that address but the index page is a flash movie that leads nowhere ??

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Archived