• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Session problem after fresh install

Burntheweb

Hi there!

I've just installed the osCommerce... I fought a bit to install it and got great help from the quick install Guide from Vger.

Now I have a problem... Thought it said install was successful I get some error messages that appears

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/web530/html/:/var/www/web530/phptmp/:/var/www/web530/files/:/var/www/web530/atd/) in /var/www/web530/html/e-shop/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 148

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/web530/html/e-shop/includes/functions/sessions.php:148) in /var/www/web530/html/e-shop/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/web530/html/e-shop/includes/functions/sessions.php:148) in /var/www/web530/html/e-shop/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/web530/html/:/var/www/web530/phptmp/:/var/www/web530/files/:/var/www/web530/atd/) in /var/www/web530/html/e-shop/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 110

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/web530/html/e-shop/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:110) in /var/www/web530/html/e-shop/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/web530/html/e-shop/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:110) in /var/www/web530/html/e-shop/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

I'm gonna dig in the thing a bit deeper but if someone has a solution to this, I would really appreciate it!!

Cheers and have a nice Xmas everyone!

You need to open up you includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php and change your sessions to mysql. The very bottom line needs to have the word mysql in it. Make sure it looks like this:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

Other great Open Source (Free) programs: (Free as in free speech not free beer)

The Gimp - An image program. | Firefox - All you have to do is add the Web Developer add-on to make this web browser complete. | FileZilla - An ftp program. | Inkscape - A good program to create images with. | Thunderbird - An email program. | Openoffice.org - An office suite that is compatible with MS Office. | Abiword - Another office suite. | Audacity - A sound recording tool. | ddp's Picks | Wordpress - An easy to use blogging software. | Joomla - An easy to use CMS that has ecommerce plug-ins. | Drupal - Another CMS

How do I find these programs? Google Search!

• 2 weeks later...
Hoi!

sorry I forgot completely to thank you! I had solved the problem in the mean time but I appreciate you took time to answer! :)

I have the same error please tell me how you fixed the problem

the configure.php files looks good (define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');)

but I still get this errors

I have the same error please tell me how you fixed the problem

the configure.php files looks good (define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');)

but I still get this errors

I'm sorry... I think I just did this change in configure.php... I can't remember...

You should check the knowledge base.. it's there I found the solution I think, within the FAQs

Archived