• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FORBIDDEN!

:-" Help! I have just tried to install the script but i'm having problem after problem...I finally got to the 'installation complete' bit in the install guide, then when clicking the 'catalog' or 'administration tool' buttons i get the following error........

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /catalog/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.greywolfgraphics.co.uk Port 80

I'm not very good at web sites to be honest, but i know that means the permissions are wrong, what I'd like to know is does anyone have a full list of CHMOD numbers? or any other hints and tips that can help me finish of the script...

thanks alot,

Shelton :thumbsup:

:-" Help! I have just tried to install the script but i'm having problem after problem...I finally got to the 'installation complete' bit in the install guide, then when clicking the 'catalog' or 'administration tool' buttons i get the following error........

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /catalog/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.greywolfgraphics.co.uk Port 80

I'm not very good at web sites to be honest, but i know that means the permissions are wrong, what I'd like to know is does anyone have a full list of CHMOD numbers? or any other hints and tips that can help me finish of the script...

thanks alot,

Shelton :thumbsup:

Hello,

Here is a link to a page that explains CHMOD security permissions.

http://www.december.com/unix/ref/chmod.html

Hope it helps?

Archived