• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dropdowns---Sort order

funtimebodyshop35

I am adding my dropdowns for my scents and such and for some reason the sort order is backwards and out of order. The last time i did this they were in alphabetical order now they are so out of wack can someone tell me how to fix this i dont want my customers going in to order and having to search for the scents and such this is my site www.splishsplashbb.com/catalog and the drop down for now is in the bathtime delights, bubble bath/shower gel catagory and in the bubble bath 4 oz i stopped adding until i figure this out thank you

maggie

I am adding my dropdowns for my scents and such and for some reason the sort order is backwards and out of order. The last time i did this they were in alphabetical order now they are so out of wack can someone tell me how to fix this i dont want my customers going in to order and having to search for the scents and such this is my site www.splishsplashbb.com/catalog and the drop down for now is in the bathtime delights, bubble bath/shower gel catagory and in the bubble bath 4 oz i stopped adding until i figure this out thank you

maggie

Maggie - is this drop down box from a contribution tyhat you have installed ? If so which one ?

to sort product attributes alphabetically find in product_info.php

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

change to

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'" . " order by pov.products_options_values_name"); //order by options values name

that didnt work this is what i get when i replaced the code i also noticed that some of the words are not spelled the same

this is the error i get on the products

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/splishs1/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 99

my code has this

$products_options_name_query = tep_db_query("select distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by popt.products_options_name");

maggie

that didnt work this is what i get when i replaced the code i also noticed that some of the words are not spelled the same

this is the error i get on the products

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/splishs1/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 99

my code has this

$products_options_name_query = tep_db_query("select distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by popt.products_options_name");

maggie

thats because you've gone and changed the wrong bit of code :rolleyes:

the code u should change begins "$products_options_query = tep_db_query...." not "$products_options_name_query = tep_db_query...".

the 2 bits of code r very similiar, the 1st bit is for displaying option names (eg size or colour), the 2nd is for displaying option values (eg small, med, large).

Archived