• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cannot register the customers

ked

Hi,

I am receiving following error on my site after filling the registration form...

Please help on how to get rid of the error......

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 501 Invalid Address in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\bestsoftstore.com\httpdocs\oscommerce\includes\classes\email.php on line 502

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Inetpub\vhosts\bestsoftstore.com\httpdocs\oscommerce\includes\classes\email.php:502) in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\bestsoftstore.com\httpdocs\oscommerce\includes\functions\general.php on line 29

I am using windows hosting. please let me know for a windows hosting what i can do to get the registration form working...

thanks in advance,,

Ked

Try sending up and fresh copy of the create_account.php. If that doesn't work you have a corrupt file in you database.

I have had to switch one of my shops to a different hosting company due to their database issues and my site not hooking up to the database half of the time.

Hi,

I said earlier that after you click submit buttin for registering, it gives the error page as above....hence i was guessing database for customers it is not updating........But wonder what. :rolleyes: .....it is registering the customers..i mean it is updating the database with correct details....eventhough it is giving the error....it might be host error...

but is want to get rid of this error...if you can please let me know how can i get rid of this error....

i will be really grateful...

cheers

ked,...

Well, I went to your site and tried to sign up for an account. I did not get an error what I got was a time out while waiting for your site to respond.

And the error above says there is something wrong with the e-mail

oscommerce\includes\classes\email.php on line 502

So I would check that line in the email.php and see what I had messed up while trying to customize it. And if I had not customized it I would make sure that the store email is a valid address.

Hi ,

Now i have been to the hosting server community and members say that we cannot use the name of file as email.php.....anything like mail, email, formmail scripts will be disabled...we have to use a different name for the file...if i rename it then it becomes useless as per oscommerce conf settings..... >_<

now in any case if i do want to change the file name, where i have to modify the code so it will access the the renamed file...please let me know.....thanks for your help so for.. :)

cheers,

Ked

it is lunarpages....windows hosting...hence i am getting the above mentioned error...so dont know what to do now....may be shifting to the other hosting may be the case... :( ..

Ked

I think the hosting company is OK.

You just might be on the wrong server. Is there an option for Linux or Windows server in your control panel? You should switch to the Linux.

I see they offer oscommerce in their package. did they install or did you?

There is no option for changing to linux...now i can ask the support line if they can change me to linux....but still it will not solve the problem...as they don't allow to run the mail scripts ....and its common topic in lunarforums...

so i guess i will have 2 options...

1. change the filename and change the corr code

2. change the host....

now my hosting service itself installed the oscommerce for me so i presume they might be knowing about this error so i will have to search for this in their forums...

anyway thanks for now :) ...i will get back once i get any info from the lunarforum...

thanks

Ked

Archived