• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I move my boxes on my home page only

Ausgirl

Hello,

I would like to move the last 6 boxes on my home page to the right of the page begining with the login box then shop by price, Specials, Reviews, Currencies, Languages, if you click on a Category they show up on each side of the page just how I want them. How does one move them so they are on each side of the page on my home page. Can this be done with out installing a mod?

If you look at my home page then click on a category you can see what I mean.

www.shoppinginurpjs.com

Much appreciated

Yes this is a fairly simple procedure.

The boxes that appear are controlled by the two files includes/column_left.php and includes/column_right.php.

You need to find the code for the box you want to move and copy it from the place it is now and paste it to where you want it to appear.

For example this code from my column_right.php file makes the reviews box show up.

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'reviews.php');

To have this appear in my left column all I would need to do is to copy the code into my column_left.php file.

Instead of removing the code from where you don't want the boxes you can also comment out the code like this

// require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'reviews.php');

The two slashes will make the code be ignored and not appear on your pages.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

I think you messed up you tables at the bottom of your index.php. Find this code in your index.php:

<?php

} else { // default page

?>

After this code is where your problem is. You have to mess with the table's and td's.

Other great Open Source (Free) programs: (Free as in free speech not free beer)

The Gimp - An image program. | Firefox - All you have to do is add the Web Developer add-on to make this web browser complete. | FileZilla - An ftp program. | Inkscape - A good program to create images with. | Thunderbird - An email program. | Openoffice.org - An office suite that is compatible with MS Office. | Abiword - Another office suite. | Audacity - A sound recording tool. | ddp's Picks | Wordpress - An easy to use blogging software. | Joomla - An easy to use CMS that has ecommerce plug-ins. | Drupal - Another CMS

How do I find these programs? Google Search!

My files are all in the right place. column_left.php & column_right.php are exactly how I want them. It just doesnt show up like it should on my home page, only shows up properly when you are on any other page. I dont know how to fix this. :blink:

As for this, I dont know what Im suppose to change, I have no idea when it comes to codeing.

I found this:

<?php

} else { // default page

?>

But what do I do with it? What do I do with the table's and td's (I dont even know what td is)

I think you messed up you tables at the bottom of your index.php. Find this code in your index.php:

<?php

} else { // default page

?>

After this code is where your problem is. You have to mess with the table's and td's.

Im Clueless :-"

You should find this code in your index.php:

<tr>

</table></td>

<?php

}

?>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<!-- right_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

Get rid of the </tr></table></td> you see at the top of it.

Other great Open Source (Free) programs: (Free as in free speech not free beer)

The Gimp - An image program. | Firefox - All you have to do is add the Web Developer add-on to make this web browser complete. | FileZilla - An ftp program. | Inkscape - A good program to create images with. | Thunderbird - An email program. | Openoffice.org - An office suite that is compatible with MS Office. | Abiword - Another office suite. | Audacity - A sound recording tool. | ddp's Picks | Wordpress - An easy to use blogging software. | Joomla - An easy to use CMS that has ecommerce plug-ins. | Drupal - Another CMS

How do I find these programs? Google Search!

Thank You so much for that. Just one last thing, if you wouldnt mind. I want to get rid of this

Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?

Can I just put // in front of this rather than delete it (might want it back later) and if so what file do I do this in. I tried it, but it didnt disappear completely, I was obviously doing it in the wrong file.

Thanks again

Much appreciated.

Archived