• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

everyone can access to the web folders

peter888

Hi,

If people try to access to my web site folder(for example, www.mydomain.com/images), they can veiw all the images. how to set the permission that people can not access the the folders. the folder's permissioms I set 777,

which number I should set or need do something else to slove the problem.

Thanks for help

Hi,

If people try to access to my web site folder(for example, www.mydomain.com/images), they can veiw all the images. how to set the permission that people can not access the the folders. the folder's permissioms I set 777,

which number I should set or need do something else to slove the problem.

Thanks for help

Generally folderd should be set to 755. Sometimes when uploading images the /images folder needs to be set to 777. After uploading change it back to 755. The same is also true for the admin/backups folder.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

You should be able to prevent directory listing from your host control panel. If you don't have that option and you can use .htaccess, this line would stop listing:

IndexIgnore *

Put that in a .htaccess file, in your images directory and it should stop anyone looking in there.

You should be able to prevent directory listing from your host control panel. If you don't have that option and you can use .htaccess, this line would stop listing:

IndexIgnore *

Put that in a .htaccess file, in your images directory and it should stop anyone looking in there.

Good one spax.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Archived