• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSCommerce interacton with Flash Website/Dreamweaver?

HF07

Someone please help!

I have had a Flash-website developed and integrated with OScommerce. However, when I now attempt to update wording in the individual pages or sections, nothing changes on the live site? I have tried to go in through Dreamweaver, opened the respective file, made the changes and uploaded the file to my ftp server. When I opened the live site, the change was not reflected! Then I installed XAMPP and OScommerce on my computer and went in to make the change directly in the file through the OSCommerce admin panel/file manager. I successfully saved the file but yet again the change did not take place in the live site?

How can I change text in any of my site files and can someone please explain to me the relationship between the files on the oscommerce admin panel, the files on my ftp server and the files in the XAMP program directly - bascially the entire shop directory on my computer three times? I just don't know where the interaction takes place, how to really make file edits and do I need to make everything twice i.e. once in Dreamweaver to update the files on the ftp and once in the admin panel to update them on oscommerce? That just does not sound right.

Thank you for taking the time to explain in advance! Harald

You should not have to make multiple edits. I change mine in dreamweaver, upload and am done. Check file permissions. If they are set to read only it will not change them on the server. If that is ok try clearing your cookies. I had a problem with IE displaying what it had in cookies instead of my edits.

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

You should not have to make multiple edits. I change mine in dreamweaver, upload and am done. Check file permissions. If they are set to read only it will not change them on the server. If that is ok try clearing your cookies. I had a problem with IE displaying what it had in cookies instead of my edits.

Thanks for that but somehow I am still not getting there. Edits are still not going live? How do I define the site in Dreamweaver? Anywhere on my hard disk or inside the htdocs directory in XAMMP - tried both?

Also I am still not clear on the interaction between Dreamweaver and the OSCommerce site? For example, if I wish to manage the product catalogue, do I just add products in Dreamweaver, upload and then they are there in oscommerce?

Archived