• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Checkout problem

riccardix

Hi all from Italy!,

I have a little problem (not so little for me) about configuration:

I've installed os Commerce, anything works fine but if I try to buy something at the final part of the checkout I have this on my Screen:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 553 <"[email protected]"> Invalid mail address, must have a domain part in C:\Programmi\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 520

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Programmi\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\catalog\includes\classes\email.php:520) in C:\Programmi\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 33

I've tried to solve the Issues (seems two different problems) checking all the part in witch the smtp & / email data are stored but still not working.

Can someone help me to solve this ?

Many thanks and Happy Christmas to all! (OT I know :)) )

Riccardo

Hi all from Italy!,

I have a little problem (not so little for me) about configuration:

I've installed os Commerce, anything works fine but if I try to buy something at the final part of the checkout I have this on my Screen:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 553 <"[email protected]"> Invalid mail address, must have a domain part in C:\Programmi\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 520

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Programmi\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\catalog\includes\classes\email.php:520) in C:\Programmi\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 33

I've tried to solve the Issues (seems two different problems) checking all the part in witch the smtp & / email data are stored but still not working.

Can someone help me to solve this ?

Many thanks and Happy Christmas to all! (OT I know :)) )

Riccardo

It appears you are working on your PC:

C:\Programmi\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 520

Did you install a mail server?

If not you can find several free ones on the web. This has to be set up so the email function will work. Set up two accounts; 1 for the store and the other for the customer. Then your email client (outlook express etc needs to be set up to receive and send mail from both.

I use ArGoSoft, 20 min. setup; but there are others that are'nt as restrictive with their free versions.

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

It appears you are working on your PC:

C:\Programmi\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 520

Did you install a mail server?

If not you can find several free ones on the web. This has to be set up so the email function will work. Set up two accounts; 1 for the store and the other for the customer. Then your email client (outlook express etc needs to be set up to receive and send mail from both.

I use ArGoSoft, 20 min. setup; but there are others that are'nt as restrictive with their free versions.

Hi Bill and thanks for support me!

I'm not working on my PC but on a windows web server running :

Apache

PHP5

MYSql

OSCommerce

The mail server is defined outside and works properly for all the others operations (account registration etc etc.).

If you want access the server for testing I can provide you the URL.

Many Thanks

Riccardo

Not at this time. have to go finish Christmas shopping. however ; is [email protected] a valid email address on your server?

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

Not at this time. have to go finish Christmas shopping. however ; is [email protected] a valid email address on your server?

Hi

yes of course (otherwise the others things will not work),

By the way I've changed the email setting placeing the option "send emails" to false and the transaction as gone well: so will confirm the mail setting (but dont know were... )

eheh good shopping ... (I'm waitn for santa claus... :D )

I do not believe the configure.php file will be the problem. I'm stumpped! If you can send to this cust from admin but the checkout_process cannot, You will need more help than I can give you. sorry.

My Contributions

Password Protect Admin

I do not believe the configure.php file will be the problem. I'm stumpped! If you can send to this cust from admin but the checkout_process cannot, You will need more help than I can give you. sorry.

I've checked that: even the 'contact us' have the same problem!

Can someone help me to solve ?

pls ?? :rolleyes:

I've checked that: even the 'contact us' have the same problem!

Can someone help me to solve ?

pls ?? :rolleyes:

Ok Guys!

here is the final resolution of the checkout problem:

The problem was resolved finxing the php.ini file, in the section : [mail function]

; For Win32 only.

SMTP = smtp.yourdomain.com

smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.

sendmail_from = [email protected]

in my case the "sendmail_from" was commented (with a ; at the beginning)

(I'm a beginner... :blush: )

So if you have some problem in the mail system of oscommerce, dont forget to check the php.ini file !!!

I hope this will be helpfull for some of you.

Mary Christmas to all and happy new 2007 from Italy !

Bye

Riccardo

Archived