• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I increase the length of product model.

look4weekia

See in your admin panel:

wwwyoursite.xxx/admin/configuration.php?gID=3&cID=39&osCAdminID=ee48e30f60810dfcded0ae5c49021015

New Products Module IS NOT the lengt of the mysqlfield products_model as found in the table products.

the length of this field is set @ install by the default .sql install file. You can correct this easiest through an interface like phpmyadmin, if available browse to the table products, view structure, alter field products_model, from varchar(12) to varchar(YOURNUMER).

New Products Module IS NOT the lengt of the mysqlfield products_model as found in the table products.

the length of this field is set @ install by the default .sql install file. You can correct this easiest through an interface like phpmyadmin, if available browse to the table products, view structure, alter field products_model, from varchar(12) to varchar(YOURNUMER).

Thanks for the help guys. I've changed to varchar(20) but it didn't work, that's why I'm posting this message.

Thanks for the help guys. I've changed to varchar(20) but it didn't work, that's why I'm posting this message.

Here you go.

Next you have to edit the ep setting.

edit the admin/epconfiguration.php file. scroll down the file and look for $modelsize = 12;

change this to match what you changed the datbase to.

Here you go.

Next you have to edit the ep setting.

edit the admin/epconfiguration.php file. scroll down the file and look for $modelsize = 12;

change this to match what you changed the datbase to.

from what contribution would that be? Not a default file for as far as I know, I know I did not change that file, I don't have it, and still I can enter more than 12 characters after only changing the database.

from what contribution would that be? Not a default file for as far as I know, I know I did not change that file, I don't have it, and still I can enter more than 12 characters after only changing the database.

Sorry for causing all the confusion. I can't find that file. I'm using Extra Images by Mikel Williams http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ch,extra+images

Archived