• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Still cannot upload ANY product photos - help!!

bkkbint

Hi:

I've been struggling with not being able to upload ANY photos since last Wednesday. I've gone thru every file I can think of and can't find anything that is wrong. I've asked for help on this forum and gotten no responses.

If I can't get this fixed in a couple of days I have no option but to ditch the whole thing and sign up with something like EBay ProStores. I don't want to do this as I'm getting really comfortable with oscommerce and liking it more and more (plus I don't want to pay GREEDBAY a lot more money than I would be paying a website host), but if I can't get it to where I can upload photos then it's not much use to me. My website host took a look at it yesterday and couldn't figure it out, but they're pretty useless anyway on a lot of issues. They don't support third-party software so can't really spend time looking for the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do, or what file I can re-install to get this problem fixed? I'm pretty much giving it 48 hours then just going to shut it down, cancel my website host and go with EBay ProStores - at least they fix things when they go wrong.

Hellllpppp!!! :-)

Michelle

www.bkkbint.com

You have not explained what your problem is.

What are you trying to do?

Upload pictures for a product?

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Assuming it is product images which are not uploading when you add new products - go to your osCommerce admin panel --> Tools --> Server Info and 'Search' for an entry called File Upload. If this is not enabled then your hosting company has disabled your ability to upload files using osCommerce. In this case you'd need to change hosts.

If 'File Upload' is enabled then make sure that the permissions on the 'images' folder are set to 755.

Vger

You have not explained what your problem is.

What are you trying to do?

Upload pictures for a product?

I can't upload any pictures for products. I had no problems uploading at first and then, last Thursday, it just stopped. I may have deleted code accidentally in one file but I"m not sure(?) and I'm not sure WHICH file it was anyway as I've had to change so many of them to get it to do what I need it to do.

Vger, no, the File Upload permission was the first thing I checked last week and everything is set up correctly. I'm at my wits end as I can't figure out what's wrong with it and there's no way I'm going to donwload it again and start from the beginning - it's 3 weeks worth of work and not something I have patience for at this point.

Anyone have any other ideas??

what happens when you try to upload a photo?

I get a pink message at the top of the page saying "Warning, No file upload" and then, of course, the lovely blank square where the photo should be with the red cross symbol :-(

I get a pink message at the top of the page saying "Warning, No file upload" and then, of course, the lovely blank square where the photo should be with the red cross symbol :-(

Oh and of course I'm doing all this thru the Admin section. I fill in all the boxes for a new product, (description, price etc), then I click the 'Browse' button, find my file, and then go to the bottom of the page and hit 'Preview'. Next page pops up - pink warning at the top of the page and no photo. It's been like this for a week.

My website host company looked at it last night and they couldn't figure it out either - they think probably deleted code but don't know where? Anyone have an idea where it's likely to be and which file I can re download?

Well, a change has occurred somewhere - either on the server or on your website.

If it's your website:

Check that File Uploads is on, check that the 'images' folder has permissions of 755, check that the paths in the includes/configure.php file are correct.

If it's the server:

Check with our hosts to see if they have 'upgraded' anything. Find out if they have made a change to user permissions on your site. Find out if they had server problems which involved them making a 'recovery' of data, which could have messed things up.

Vger

Well, a change has occurred somewhere - either on the server or on your website.

If it's your website:

Check that File Uploads is on, check that the 'images' folder has permissions of 755, check that the paths in the includes/configure.php file are correct.

If it's the server:

Check with our hosts to see if they have 'upgraded' anything. Find out if they have made a change to user permissions on your site. Find out if they had server problems which involved them making a 'recovery' of data, which could have messed things up.

Vger

Vger

I ALREADY said I've checked all the permissions, and I ALREADY SAID I've checked with my host - they don't know what the problem is BUT THEY THINK I DELETED SOMETHING IN A FILE BY MISTAKE.

Geez, I know you guys are trying to be helpful, and I appreciate it but you're not reading what I'm saying. This is sooooo frustrating.

Problem:

PHOTO FILES NOT UPLOADING

GET A PINK MESSAGE SAYING "WARNING NO FILE UPLOADED"

THINK I DELETED SOMETHING IN A FILE SOMEWHERE

WHICH FILE COULD THIS BE - ANYONE ANY IDEAS????

Sorry to shout, but everyone keeps telling me how helpful people are on here yet, I've had this problem for a week, and no-one has been able to help me at all. Looks like Zen Cart is going to be my only other option at this point as oscommerce seems to be uninstallable for me.

Michelle

• 1 month later...
Assuming it is product images which are not uploading when you add new products - go to your osCommerce admin panel --> Tools --> Server Info and 'Search' for an entry called File Upload. If this is not enabled then your hosting company has disabled your ability to upload files using osCommerce. In this case you'd need to change hosts.

If 'File Upload' is enabled then make sure that the permissions on the 'images' folder are set to 755.

Vger

This is my first post. I was having this same issue where i couldnt upload images for my products. However, it would only happen sometimes and I couldnt figure out why. I followed the post above and noticed that upload_max_filesize was set to 2MB....and sure enough it, was for images that were greater than 2MB that wouldnt upload and i wold get the Warning. So, you may want to check that the upload_max_filesize is not set too low. Just a thought. Good luck

Vger

GET A PINK MESSAGE SAYING "WARNING NO FILE UPLOADED"

THINK I DELETED SOMETHING IN A FILE SOMEWHERE

WHICH FILE COULD THIS BE - ANYONE ANY IDEAS????

Michelle

HI!

I got the same warning signs, but my pictures are showing up, the one not showing up are the product names. I have been posting the same questions here for days now. I can't still figure it out.

I am also beginning to be hopeless. Did you resolve your problem?

:blush:

I am running a Stock/Unchanged version of OSCommerce and did not have any trouble uploading pictures... If there is any configuration I can look up for you, just let me know... also..why in the world woudld someone put 2mb image into thier system...omg... I can only imagine the frustration of thier customers when loading pages...

SteveRF

It seems like she has gone over to Zen....I'm sure we will all mourn the loss. :rolleyes:

Frankly, if you're gonna throw your toys out of your pram just because free, immediate, expert help isn't there 24/7, you should really think about paying for it.

Me personally, I would have FTP'd the images and then entered the paths manually.

• 1 year later...
It seems like she has gone over to Zen....I'm sure we will all mourn the loss. :rolleyes:

Frankly, if you're gonna throw your toys out of your pram just because free, immediate, expert help isn't there 24/7, you should really think about paying for it.

Me personally, I would have FTP'd the images and then entered the paths manually.

Hi there,

Can I know how to enter the path manually.

Thanks for the great help

• 1 year later...

Archived