• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FTP username/password

Aquability

I can't seem to login into my FTP. I was just wondering is it the same password and username as you use to log into your admin section?

Only if you set it that way.

The FTP user name and password has nothing to do with the admin password (which you also need to set).

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

No one knows how to set FTP password and username? I didnt get one with the other information.

If you have root access to your server you set the passwords for ftp. (since you are asking about this I doubt this is the case)

You should check with your server. They should be able to hook you up with the right info.

How did you ftp your files without this info?

BTW no bumping it's against the forum rules.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Sorry about the bumping. By root files i think i have access im just very inexperenced. Could you tell me what folder or file it is in and ill try and figure it out?

Root access means login in as "root" to your server. The root user has ultimate control over what happens on the server. Root user also can cause much damage on the server.

You did not answer my question about how you got your files up on the server.

Did you not use FTP to do this?

Have you checked with your host about your ftp access?

You did do a backup? eh?

lol,

some topics are just fun to read,

getting into 'trouble' by starting about root access.

some people are better not told too much, fortunately you did not start about putty and how to actually give the command... oeps... now I did start :-"

never mind this post aqua

Archived