• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSplayer not always loading mp3s...

midwestb

I've been getting complaints from people that the mp3s aren't loading well inside OSPlayer.... (see here: https://host523.ipowerweb.com/~midwestb/store/catalog/ ). I occasionally see this problem too...this is more than likely a server issue, not osplayer..right? anything i can do here?

Seems to be working.

What makes you think this is a server issue?

Could it not be that people are getting confused by the pop up player or perhaps it is being blocked from opening.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

hmmm, that could be I suppose. I guess I was thinking that maybe the server was not letting people download it fast enouhg for it to "stream" in the osplayer.... ?

I don't think that is happening now. Ususally it streams really well.

You could try it with the player imbedded in the page.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

ah and reading back, one guy says

"The player just stays on the 'loading' image forever, never opening up and changing to the actual player."

maybe a flash issue?

Do you know which product the guy was trying to sample?

You did do a backup? eh?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just figured this out....

The OSPLAYER isn't working in IE for some reason, even with Flash player 9 installed.

It sticks on LOADING.... forever.

BUT, if I right click, I see that "loop" is checked. If I click "play", the player opens...but with no files listed to play...and "undefined" scrolls across when I click the play button....does anyone know about this??