• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

People paid with PayPal and their order is missing

purefusion

We had 2 orders come in last night, paid with paypal and there is no trace of any order from them. I'm not sure what the problem could be. I figured there'd at least be some kind of partial order, or a pending order or something.

Anyone got a clue?

This may be a long shot, but I'm setting up paypal on OSC as well...problem I had was that if users didn't return back to the site, it wouldn't show the order up in OSC, even though the payment was received in paypal. that was problem #1. You could go into the paypal account and set it up to 'auto-return' after a payment is made, so that helps a bit.

Problem now (at least on my site) is that if someone with a paypal account pays, the auto return works...if someone doesn't have a paypal account and uses the manually entered info, it doesn't auto-return..it just gives some BS about "sign up to get an ID and pay faster", with a small link on the bottom to return to the site, but it doesn't auto-return..... Is this perhaps what's happening on your site as well?

Pete

Ditto, I'm testing PayPal IPN v1.4 in the sandbox environment. I complete the order and Admin shows that there is a pending order but when you click on it no orders are listed. Also, If you look at the customer info it also shows that I made a purchase but no detail. I've looked in the PayPal IPN thread but no luck. PayPal does record the transaction but no detail and the customer (me) get an email with a link to click, which does show the order. HELP!

Thank you

Felipe

Felipe de la Rosa

*Please feel free to IM me via YIM or AIM.

After over a year of that sort of thing I decided to give up on paypal and just offer the it with the pay via cheque option and send them a payment request if they need one.

Thats ok if you have another card payment option too I suppose.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OSC user for years and no coder, so I've earned my stripes.

Feel free to private message me.

Ditto, I'm testing PayPal IPN v1.4 in the sandbox environment. I complete the order and Admin shows that there is a pending order but when you click on it no orders are listed. Also, If you look at the customer info it also shows that I made a purchase but no detail. I've looked in the PayPal IPN thread but no luck. PayPal does record the transaction but no detail and the customer (me) get an email with a link to click, which does show the order. HELP!

Thank you

Felipe

Also, I, the store co-owner, get an email notifying me of the order. Now, is that good enough? Every area in admin that is suppose to show orders has no info except for "Reports->Products Purchased" which only shows what was purchased but not who or when.

Again, Thanks

Felipe

Felipe de la Rosa

I haven't tried the auto-return trick, I didn't think there was one. But that's jank if they cannot auto return if they pay with a CC. We do however offer CC on our site, so they shouldn't choose paypal unless they pay with their existing paypal account. In any case, I don't feel like bother with paypal ipn right now. So I'll try the auto return trick and see what happens. If nothing else, I'll just take paypal off and make them call in to pay with paypal.

Which by the way, how easy/hard is it to install the paypal contribution?

I haven't tried the auto-return trick, I didn't think there was one. But that's jank if they cannot auto return if they pay with a CC. We do however offer CC on our site, so they shouldn't choose paypal unless they pay with their existing paypal account. In any case, I don't feel like bother with paypal ipn right now. So I'll try the auto return trick and see what happens. If nothing else, I'll just take paypal off and make them call in to pay with paypal.

Which by the way, how easy/hard is it to install the paypal contribution?

I've had no luck with 'Auto-Return'. Read and read as mush as I could find but no go. I've even sat and waited after the transaction to see if there was a delay. After clicking on the return link osC replies that all is good.

Felipe

Felipe de la Rosa

Archived