• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Assigning Product Attributes

Dmacman

Hi All,

This should be non-issue, but I cannot assign a product attribute to any exisiting products or new ones???

For example, I have a product option called "format" and that has the option values of ...

DVD

VHS

Email Transcript

etc.

But if I try to edit a product in my database I there is no product option or product values, listed for me to select?

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance,

Don

You go to osCommerce admin --> Catalog --> Product Attributes and select the Product Name there, then assign the Option Name, then the Option Value, then the Value Price, then Plus or Minus the base price you set for the product when you added it to your Catalog.

By the way, one of the Product Attributes you set is the Product Base Price e.g. + 0.0

When you add attributes they appear on the page in the reverse order to which you added them, so the last one you added appears first. If you wish them to appear in order of value e.g. +5 then +10 then you add + 10 first then +5

Vger

You go to osCommerce admin --> Catalog --> Product Attributes and select the Product Name there, then assign the Option Name, then the Option Value, then the Value Price, then Plus or Minus the base price you set for the product when you added it to your Catalog.

By the way, one of the Product Attributes you set is the Product Base Price e.g. + 0.0

When you add attributes they appear on the page in the reverse order to which you added them, so the last one you added appears first. If you wish them to appear in order of value e.g. +5 then +10 then you add + 10 first then +5

Vger

Thanks Vger.

That is close to what I want, but not quite.

By doing it this way, the customer is forced to buy the dvd with the transcript. They may already have the DVD and just want the transcript. With this option, that is not possible, from what I can see.

The only solution, I think, is to make an "All products" category, and then assign the transcripts with the "Related Products" option. Kind of a hack way of doing it, but I cannot see any way to add a product to the shopping cart, and not have it assigned to the categories.

Thanks, still trying.

Don

Thanks Vger.

That is close to what I want, but not quite.

By doing it this way, the customer is forced to buy the dvd with the transcript. They may already have the DVD and just want the transcript. With this option, that is not possible, from what I can see.

The only solution, I think, is to make an "All products" category, and then assign the transcripts with the "Related Products" option. Kind of a hack way of doing it, but I cannot see any way to add a product to the shopping cart, and not have it assigned to the categories.

Thanks, still trying.

Don

Also, the product model is displayed. I did not turn that on. Where can I hide this?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!

Your osCommerce admin panel.

Vger

Product Listing

Title Value Action

Display Product Image 1

Display Product Manufaturer Name 0 Info

Display Product Model 0 Info <-------------doesn't this mean "dont display" ????

Display Product Name 2 Info

Display Product Price 3 Info

Display Product Quantity 0 Info

Display Product Weight 0 Info

Display Buy Now column 4 Info

Display Category/Manufacturer Filter (0=disable; 1=enable) 1 Info

Location of Prev/Next Navigation Bar (1-top, 2-bottom, 3-both) 2 Info

Archived