• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ok ok ahe ia up and running......

Just a few pointers:

Big message saying 'Call Now' but no telephone number that I could find.

The Spanish and German are really messed up. Maybe you should try and delete them. It looks as if this is one of those template sites with the three languages built in. If you delete the languages in admin will the flags disappear?

You want to add a site title. Your site is called OsCommerce according to my browser.

Just spotted the phone number but is below the fold. Try adding it to the header or the contact page. The stuff seems pretty cheap. Do you cut the prices in half if people call?

Thank you guys for the feedback, Also yes we cut the pirce down just abit but aim more to business that offer gifts to their customers. Thanks again I will make the changs tonight. Also I dont know how to change the heading from oscommerce. please help...

Just a few pointers:

Big message saying 'Call Now' but no telephone number that I could find.

The Spanish and German are really messed up. Maybe you should try and delete them. It looks as if this is one of those template sites with the three languages built in. If you delete the languages in admin will the flags disappear?

You want to add a site title. Your site is called OsCommerce according to my browser.

Just spotted the phone number but is below the fold. Try adding it to the header or the contact page. The stuff seems pretty cheap. Do you cut the prices in half if people call?

Hi to change the title heading I think you can just alter it in the /catalog/index.php file.

Just a quick question, what do you sell? Do you brand products for companies? I was quite confused and a "about us" page would of been nice.

1) Get an SSL

2) Install a metatags contribution or at least change the default title from oscommerce.

3) For my taste the graphic in the middle of the page takes up too much valuable real estate.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Thank you for your feedback Jason, I just have one question? what is a thumbnail contribtion

At first glace, I'd say it looks very good. But get rid of the pop-up, and you need a thumbnail contribution.

Thank you for your feedback Jason, I just have one question? what is a thumbnail contribtion

A thumbnail contribution will allow you to easliy have seperate small images for your thumnails (or those small images on your product list pages) That will make them look much better.

One of the easiest contributions to insall in my opinion and will have a lot of impact: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1484

I don't really what to say when people ask for feedback on templated sites - this template is old and many stores are using it - all are virtually the same so there isn't much to say...

maybe you should use a different template that is not too commonly used?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Archived