• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Extract data from Distributor's website to a CSV file

Dralion

Hi:

I have 3 distributors who are fairly small and don't offer any csv, spreadsheet or database of their products to their resellers. However, all of them have their own online store and told me to just grab the info I need from their stores. I'm using a few scripts/spiders to extract the information, then edit the result file and conver it to csv. However. it's more manipulation than I would like to do.

I would like to know what other people who are experienced with osCommerce use when they have to do the same. I'm sure you would have a better way to do it. Thanks in advance for your help.

EasyPopulate is great. I just need an easy way to create my csv file from a distributor's website. Of course the program will have to follow each link to find new pages. There's about 1000 items per web site, and each one on it's own page.

Hi:

I have 3 distributors who are fairly small and don't offer any csv, spreadsheet or database of their products to their resellers. However, all of them have their own online store and told me to just grab the info I need from their stores. I'm using a few scripts/spiders to extract the information, then edit the result file and conver it to csv. However. it's more manipulation than I would like to do.

I would like to know what other people who are experienced with osCommerce use when they have to do the same. I'm sure you would have a better way to do it. Thanks in advance for your help.

EasyPopulate is great. I just need an easy way to create my csv file from a distributor's website. Of course the program will have to follow each link to find new pages. There's about 1000 items per web site, and each one on it's own page.

If editing the result file is where the excess manipulation is, use awk to read it and output the csv.

Archived