• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Contact Us question

robfern

Hey guys,

I think I have a simple problem here, but I sure can't figure it out or find any ideas within this forum.

Problem: Contact Us form only sends to one email address, the Store Owner's address. I'd like it to go to multiple addresses. Similar to having the ability that already exists to send ORDER emails to multiple people.

I've tried to simply add the email addresses to the Store Owner email spot with commas, but then the Contact Us form fails. I also tried using the same format as when you add more ORDER email recipients using brackets etc....still a failure.

Anybody have any ideas? I have not found any contributions that help. I DO NOT want to have a drop down menu where the customer selects who to send email too. I simply want ALL inquiries to go to mulitple recipients.

Thanks for your help,

robfern

Any ideas?

If you're going to use the built in contact form then read this first :

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ch,contact'

This has been bugging me - so I've checked it out for you. They don't make it easy. In fact - the script is downright stupid.

The *easiest* way I have found is to concatenate a Bcc or Cc header in the send function of the email.php file.

In /includes/classes/email.php, add this line to the send function - modify it to look like this :

function send($to_name, $to_addr, $from_name, $from_addr, $subject = 'david', $headers = '') {

$headers.='Cc: [email protected]' . "\r\n";

If you want the emial blind copy'ed, just use Bcc like this :

$headers.='Bcc: [email protected]' . "\r\n";

This is obviously not modular.

Not to mention the whole script is utterly retarded.

No wonder I use my own contact script!

hth., david in ottawa

Guys,

Thank you SO MUCH....especially you David for such an insightful and helpful response. I will get to working on this today and hope for the best. You've really helped me out.

Merry Christmas!

robfern

Guys,

Thank you SO MUCH....especially you David for such an insightful and helpful response. I will get to working on this today and hope for the best. You've really helped me out.

Merry Christmas!

robfern

No prob.

Let me know if you run into complications.

david

Archived