• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.net vs. USAEpay

Okay, currently I am using USAEpay. But in my retail store, the vTerminal is WAY to clunky for me. Now, i am considering swapping to Authorize.net. What is everyone's experience with them? How is their version of the vTerminal? What about OSC support? Anyone using an application in their storefront that works good? Preferably low cost...

• 5 weeks later...
Okay, currently I am using USAEpay. But in my retail store, the vTerminal is WAY to clunky for me. Now, i am considering swapping to Authorize.net. What is everyone's experience with them? How is their version of the vTerminal? What about OSC support? Anyone using an application in their storefront that works good? Preferably low cost...

Auth.net is the 500lb gorilla in the gateway space - by far the largest. There are several modules for using auth.net in OSC, the latest of which is the AIM 2.x module, which I have had working very well in my store at relatively high volumes (200 trans. / day) for 2 years. The old modules using SIM (simple integration) were pretty good but sometimes had errors.

If you buy from auth.net directly you usually will get $0.10 / transaction fees. If you buy from a reseller (most merchant account providers are resellers) they can give you a rate as low as $0.05 which I believe is their cost (although I could be wrong).

Oftentimes people get steered to their initial gateway because that is where their merchant account provider gets the biggest commission, which is one way that the alternative gateways like USA EPay survive even though authorize.net and cybersource are bigger and have a better reputation.