• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

website suspended by hosting company.

nudylady

My hosting company in US just suspended my account because one of my competitors is complaining of I am selling designer inspired purse is violation of trade mark.

I am in Korea. This does not violate Korean law. I want to use USA ISP cos it's cheap and my customers are arround the world. I see many other US hosted sites are selling designer inspired purse. Those sites were there for very long time not suspended.

Is there anyway to hide my ISP from Whois?

My hosting company in US just suspended my account because one of my competitors is complaining of I am selling designer inspired purse is violation of trade mark.

I am in Korea. This does not violate Korean law. I want to use USA ISP cos it's cheap and my customers are arround the world. I see many other US hosted sites are selling designer inspired purse. Those sites were there for very long time not suspended.

Is there anyway to hide my ISP from Whois?

It's called "pirating" and it's illegal in the USA. Your US ISP has a "duty of care" to make sure that all known copyright and patent violations are removed from his care. If the US Department of Commerce, or other investigative agencies, were to investigate and indict you, your ISP could also be indicted. In addition, if your ISP were found to be negligent in a number of such actions, they could be found guilty of violating the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act.

Please note that I’m not an attorney and this is not a legal opinion.

This does not violate Korean law

As you data is stored on servers based in USA, the law of USA is violated.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Can you give a hint on how to hide my hosting compnay in public whois?

You cant :)

Even if you protected your domain name with whois privacy guard a simple ping / dns lookup or tracert would identify the ISP within seconds.

If you want to keep selling your goods, either use a korean ISP or use on in a country where you wouldnt be breaking any laws.

I just got this they say they can do it

http://www.dnsmadeeasy.com/s0306/tuts/vanitydns.html

I never used DNS. I will check out what is it.

I wish i could delete some of these stupid posts!!!!!

You either follow the law of the land you intend to sell in like the rest of us or pay for a korean hosting company..

STOP trying to get around it and show some respect. What your doing is illegal and wrong..

And your post is here now for all to see, someone will check you out at some stage, hell even i would report this kinda behaviour!

You dont help give your area of the world a good name and its pretty bad already!!!

http://www.dnsmadeeasy.com/s0306/tuts/vanitydns.html

I never used DNS. I will check out what is it.

You host can still be discovered when you do this. And all this will do is make your host suspend your account that much quicker since it becomes more obvious to them that you know what you're doing is illegal and you're trying to hide.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Congrats! You just totally mis-understood everything about how the internet works :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me know when your moved and setup and I will tell you within 10 seconds who your new host is :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived