• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dual stores on one hosting account

soundflux

Hello all,

This may be have already been accomplished or it may not be able to be accomplished.

I am working with a client and they recently split their company into two companies so now I am attempting to run two installs of oscommerce on one single hosting account. I successfully redirected the domains which are registered on the same hosting sccount to read from the two seperate stores. However, all of the subsequent pages on the two stores are still reading from the old company. I know this for a fact because I changed the positions on the old store catalog folder and all of the subsequent pages for the other two stores stopping working and I received error 404. This is the current file structure:

www.store-domain.com

/catalog (this is the old store)

/new_store1

/catalog

/new_store2

/catalog

The /catalog (old store), /new_store1, and new_store2 are in the root directory. The /catalog folders for the two new stores however are in the second tier of the file directory. Any help would be much appreciated for I am about ready to just request the client open another hosting account and run the stores seperate all together. Although, it is interesting to try and work out, but I'm not sure if it can be done or not.

Thank you all in advance for your time and efforts.

Ciao

It can certainly be done. Have you correctly edited includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php for both stores?

This is the part that is murky water for me because overall I would just consider myself "begginner level" when it comes to php. I'm not sure what needs to be edited in these two files. I'll have to do some investigating and see what I can find. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time in advance. And thank you for already pointing me in the right direction.

Archived