• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Check out my 1st store - Jewelry

cecilia81

Hi Cecilia,

Your store is very stock osCommerce. I would consider revising your header design. It appears that the female in the header is squished due to adjusting image size without keeping proportions. Also in your categories box I would remove the (->) arrow and product counts. I personally do not think posting a msn contact email in your header is a good idea (for spam reasons). Also I would change the buttons of the site to reflect the dark maroon red of the text. Finally I would consider installing SSL and removing all the default osCommerce icons.

Andrew Yuen

osCommerce, Community Team

You should remove the second part of this code on each page (second part of the code may very on each page with icons)

So that this:

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

Becomes this:

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

Andrew Yuen

osCommerce, Community Team

Hi thanks for your comments. By the way, how can i remove all the default osCommerce icons?

Hi cecilia.

What is the language of your main top image? Korean or chinese? so Who is your customer? and what is your site keyword for search engine? When did you open your site? What is your email address? hotmail? Is your site for your company catalog or online store?

If you want to see me and talk about somethig and visit my web site oaks21c printing-T-shirts and contact me.

Stock looking store, but with a bit of work you will get it right.

First thing i would do is to change those standard oscommerce buttons. Do a web search for oscommerce buttons and you will find all the ones you need.

Secondly alter the colours in your stylesheet. Use a free program such as topstyle lite to help you do this.

Thirdly do something with your header. It looks good, but looks funny as it doesnt fill the top of the page.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Firstly you should use the stylesheet and make sure you get rid of the stock grey infobox colours, secondly you should get rid of the stock osc buttons and thirdly you should add a full width header/logo.

Maybe some fuller product info about the product would be better too

Good Luck

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Archived