• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Vs Paypal IPN

graphicore

You need the IPN version. It will save you from losing orders. I'm not sure why you think it is time-consuming and complicated. It installs in just a matter of minutes. Just be sure you are using the version named "oscommerce paypal ipn."

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

No, it is world-wide. You may be thinking of the paypal pro version. You have to have a US based site to use it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I haven't looked lately but I'm sure it is there somewhere. Although I doubt that they have a large section for it since it has been around for some time now and is their normal way of handling transactions.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack....

To install Paypal IPN is a breeze... But to configure it to work it's another world.

Not even the IPN documentation included on the contribution is fully detailed.

What files address do you place on this???

- Your Private Key

- Your Public Certificate

- PayPals Public Certificate

- Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

- Working Directory

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Paypal you can enable API credentials.... and it gives you a hole bunch of data. But also in the sandbag you have some 'TEXT CERTIFICATE FILES' (.wsdl, .xsd)... What are those for????

You don't need those. It is an extra security option that won't gain you anything. Just enable the module, enter your email address, set it to live and you are ready to go.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived