• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feedback and suggestions on my new site

zoneutopia

On my screen there is a huge black area in your header to the right of your company name. I recommend removing those default osCommerce icons in your header. Also your choice of colors are very hard on the eyes as the site is awfully bright! I recommend redoing the header completely and adding a logo. Other then that I suggest adding SSL and removing the product count in your categories infobox and user request count in your footer.

Andrew Yuen

osCommerce, Community Team

My comment concerns the product images. You have chosen a yellow background which although not my choice may fit your products. The problem comes when I look at your product images and see they have backgrounds of their own and these are not yellow. Many are black and various shades of grey and some are white. So it looks as if you need to work on removing the backgrounds from your images.

1) I would make your site a fixed width to control how it is viewed.

2) I would get rid of the black area in the header it does not match the rest of the look of the site.

3) You need to add conditions of use.

4) Your privacy statement needs to be beefed up a bit especially considering some of your products.

5) You need a SSL certificate.

6) Add an address to your contact us page or to your footer. All real businesses have their addresses on their site.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Sorry about the double post. My browser got hung up.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

it's nice to see a large colourful site with large product listing images but i have to say, the potential the store has with the items you are selling has not been reached.

you haven't even replaced the stock osc buttons - i would add fixed width and replace stock buttons and then ad a full width header logo/image.... that's what i would do if i was you.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hello everybody

Thanks for everybody's suggestions:

thanks to gazonice for the 0$ fix

I finally managed to make the site fixed width, put up a full size logo a the top and got rid of the empty area where the default osc header image were.Thanks to everybody that suggested these things.

I did change the osc buttons they are now square and orange.

i welcome other suggestions and appreciate your help and comments on my site ZoneUtopia

thanks to all

have happy holydays

Archived