• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error - Help

disca

Dear All

I just upload all the file to the server. But when I start the installation process, it displays

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

Can anyone help please.

Dear All

I just upload all the file to the server. But when I start the installation process, it displays

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

Can anyone help please.

I just ran across this too. I had to open the php.ini on the root of my server (even though the OSC install was in another directory, and edit a line in that file to say "on" instead of "off".

Hope that helps.

We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It's our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better. - Jeff Bezos

I just ran across this too. I had to open the php.ini on the root of my server (even though the OSC install was in another directory, and edit a line in that file to say "on" instead of "off".

Hope that helps.

Where can I find the 'php.ini'?

Thanks.

Hope that helps.

To disable register_globals you need to put in your .htaccess file a line like this one:

php_value register_globals 0

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

To disable register_globals you need to put in your .htaccess file a line like this one:

Thanks.

But can you tell me how can I edit this file? what programe do I need to use?

So when I edited the php.ini file, that was wrong? Should I change it back and add your line to the htaccess?

We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It's our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better. - Jeff Bezos

Any suggestion?

Jimmy,

If your question is in reference to what program you use to edit the .htaccess file, the answer is just a plain text editor. Do not use a word processor like MS Word.

Archived