• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

BackUp Error

mboya

Hi Guys,

I need help, I tried to do a backup of my OSCommerce shop from my Admin Panel but got the error message below; How can I solve this problem? I wanted to add some contribution and from the forum I gathered it is advisable to backup before adding any contribution because of the risk of thing getting messed up!. The message I got was;

Error ERROR: Cannot use backup script when safe_mode is enabled.

Where and how can I disable the safe mode?

Thank you in Advance

Jacob

Hi Guys,

I need help, I tried to do a backup of my OSCommerce shop from my Admin Panel but got the error message below; How can I solve this problem? I wanted to add some contribution and from the forum I gathered it is advisable to backup before adding any contribution because of the risk of thing getting messed up!. The message I got was;

Error ERROR: Cannot use backup script when safe_mode is enabled.

Where and how can I disable the safe mode?

Thank you in Advance

Jacob

try put in .htaccess file and upload this file to oscommerce directory

php_admin_flag safe_mode off

OR

php_admin_flag safe_mode 0

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

You can also backup using myphpadmin or perhaps you web hosting control panel.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Archived