• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Any1 has a 'nicer' acknowledgement email.....

louisoh

Coz the default email that customers and admin received after customer bought an item looks too simple... i've checked 'contributions' page but don't really know which one is the add-on that i need..

I need to have a 'fancier' acknowledgement email template... and how do i implement it onto my site?

Thanks again...

Louis:

If you've got a little HTML experience,* dig into checkout_process.php (at the root of your osC install).

Backup your copy of checkout_process.php, and then search for $email_order (my file is heavily modified, but it's roughly 3/4 through the file). You may have a comment above this indicating that this is where the email confirmation starts.

Start experimenting with HTML code here. For example:

$email_order .= '<p style=""font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:0.86em;">' . EMAIL_TEXT_SALUTATION . '</p>';

With a little bit of work, you can display their order confirmation in a nice clean table, add a logo, embed hyperlinks in the text, etc.

WangoTango

*HTML emails have some quirky weirdness above and beyond HTML for web browsers. A quick tour of Google will give you some good tips or leave you cowering and mumbling in a dark corner, convinced of the utter futility of it all. Happy coding!

Archived