• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Big Big Order Problems

swiftmed

Hi Guys,

A very worried customer has just emailed me with a problem with his store. his site went live a week ago, and has been receiving orders steadily day by day, but today he received an email from paypal saying he had received funds. the paypal email shows that the order come from his new website, the problem we have is that the order doesnt show up in oscommerce, a new customer account HAS been created, but there are no orders against his name, nor is there a pending, processed or delivered order in the oscommerce admin section!

Why has this happened? but more importantly how do i fix this?

That's really weird, because I just received a call from a customer with virtually the *exact* problem. He just received funds through his merchant account for a $1000 order. The problem is that the order isn't in osCommerce!! The customer created a user account and apparently ordered something, but the shop owner never received a confirmation email and we have no record of the order.

I've never seen osC do this. From my admittedly cursory knowledge of the code, it doesn't even seem possible! And yet, here we are.

-elroy

Hi Guys,

A very worried customer has just emailed me with a problem with his store. his site went live a week ago, and has been receiving orders steadily day by day, but today he received an email from paypal saying he had received funds. the paypal email shows that the order come from his new website, the problem we have is that the order doesnt show up in oscommerce, a new customer account HAS been created, but there are no orders against his name, nor is there a pending, processed or delivered order in the oscommerce admin section!

Why has this happened? but more importantly how do i fix this?

it is very strange isnt it. and i would have said the same, it does seem physically impossible. i really dont get it :S

this happens because the customer didn't return to YOUR/HIS site after the paypal payment...there are a couple ways to fix this...the easiest is the "paypal better description" mod...this submits a description of items/services purchased...

Archived