• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can't log into Admin area

ericc72

I am fooling with 3.0alpha3, but it is doing the same thing for me with the latest release of ZenCart also, so I must be doing something wrong:

I set the Admin user name and password at install time. When I try to log in to the Admin area, it does not accept my user name and password. I used a 4 letter user name, and a 7 alpha-numeric password.

Any ideas?

Also, is the default method to access the Admin log in screen to just add /admin to the URL? That works; just curious if there was another way.

Thanks,

Eric

Hi Eric-

Welcome to the osCommerce forum.

Your issue sounds like a basic set up question. This post, Vger's Quick Install Guide, is a great place for you to learn the answers to your initial questions.

You will be password protecting your admin folder in your web host's control panel.

The way you will be accessing your osCommerce admin section is putting /admin after your URL in the web browser. After you password protect your admin section, there will be a login screen to type your username and password.

Danny

If I'm giving advice, it is based on what path I would take to fix your problem. My path may be wrong.

Archived