• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Second step... how can I remove the text on index?

dennyboy

I'm really new on this and I have no idea were to start, first thing I need to remove all the text on the main page so the actual products go on top of the page, I tried to open the index.php file under languajes/english but I cannot find all that text in the code.

The thing is where can I find a Oscommerce for Dummies? or sometihing similar, since I do not nothing about php code.

Thanks.

I'm really new on this and I have no idea were to start, first thing I need to remove all the text on the main page so the actual products go on top of the page, I tried to open the index.php file under languajes/english but I cannot find all that text in the code.

The thing is where can I find a Oscommerce for Dummies? or sometihing similar, since I do not nothing about php code.

Thanks.

Daniel, be sure you are looking in catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php and in the part below that starts with'This is is where yoou change.

define('TEXT_MAIN',' 'This is a default setup.....');

Daniel, be sure you are looking in catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php and in the part below that starts with'This is is where yoou change.

Barbie is right Daniel. I would recommend using the Simple Template System contribution for doing more customisation to your site.

Contributions Installed: STSv43 (Simple Template System), Protx Direct v3.0a, Secure Admin Login - Logout 1.5, UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping v 1.2 (FULL), Order Editor v2.8.2 With some Bug Fix - New, Ultimate SEO URLs v2.2.1, Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes)

The text itself tells you where and what to edit.

catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php substitute english for whatever language and if an early version of osCommerce you may have default.php instead of index.php

locate the define

and change it to be

define('TEXT_MAIN',' '');

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Archived