• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Why does the image get pushed up?

Dennis_gull

Hello,

The button_quick_find.gif is in the wrong place, it looks like this now

Look at my search.php file, I cant find anything that tells the image to move up:

<?php
/*
 $Id: search.php,v 1.22 2003/02/10 22:31:05 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
?>
<!-- search //-->
		<td valign="bottom">
<?php
 $info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_SEARCH);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('form' => tep_draw_form('quick_find', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'),
						   'align' => 'right',
						   'text' => BOX_SEARCH_TEXT . tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'size="10" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH+90) . 'px"') . ' ' . tep_hide_session_id() . tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH));

new noborderbox($info_box_contents);
?>
		</td>
<!-- search_eof //-->

If I remove the field where you type in the search word the image move down again.. What can I do to fix this?

It's a browser thang!

If you're looking in FF, try checking it IE. I bet it looks different. You can add positioning to the style declaration but it will probably still look different, in different browsers.

This is something I have to overcome soon (haven't got around to it yet), on a site I am building. If I fix it, I'll let you know. I will try to style it in the stylesheet and use a conditional comment. If not, I'll hack it in another way.........hopefully! :huh:

Ok, maybe your code is having an effect. Try losing the

"width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH+90) . 'px"'

And replace it with just

"width:215;"

You can height and, as I said, positioning to the style as well:

style="width:215; height:20; position:relative;left:20;top:-3;"

As an example.

Mess about with that and see if you can get the result.

I tried to play around a little but it didnt work even if I changed the whole code to this:

<table>
		<td width="300" align="right" valign="bottom">

<?php echo BOX_SEARCH_TEXT ?> <?php echo tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', '" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH+90) . 'px"')?> <?php echo tep_hide_session_id() . tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH); ?>

</td></table>

if I add position:relative;left:20;top:-3; the box will move up too but I cant get the whole thing to move down to the bottom even if I add a style to the whole td. And It doesn't look the same in IE and FF if I change the style, so its not a very good idea.

Edit:

But one thing that I think would be great is if I can use padding-top on the image but I dont know how to add a style to the image.

if I add position:relative;left:20;top:-3; the box will move up too but I cant get the whole thing to move down to the bottom even if I add a style to the whole td. And It doesn't look the same in IE and FF if I change the style, so its not a very good idea.

Don't use it then. Sorry for trying to help!

Archived