• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Price update for products that flucuate in pricing weekly

TimP

As I am newbi to this awsome software, can someone help me, i am setting up a jewllers website and because gold prices chage in price by going up and down on a daily basis, and trying to update pricing for hundreds of products weekly is very tedious. I would like to update pricing for all products associated with a certain optiion eg. 9carat, 14carat etc etc...by adding eg $5 to the option will increase all products associated with that option by $5

Is this possible please help, it will be much appreciated.

tp

So, what you are saying is that all products prices will increase by say 2% or decrease by 2%, or that the prices on individual products will increase by a variable amount?

If it is the former, then what I would do is export the data contained within the 'products' table as a csv file and then open this up in excel. Perform a calculation in excel to change the pricing, and then import this back in to the 'products' table.

I would be using an application such as phpMyAdmin to do do the import and export of the data, a tool such as this makes it very easy to work with all of the data contained within your osc database. Go and get a copy of it from http://www.phpwizard.net/projects/phpMyAdmin/ if you haven't done so already.

As well as that if you have a look through the contributions on www.oscommerce.com there a few things there that will probably help you out.

I contributed a "quick update" script for pricing, which has been subsequently updated by 2 or 3 people...

There is a better one available which can do updates category by category. It's in the contributions section of this site.

HTH

Archived