• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How Do I get Traffic And Sales

dereklim

The best way to go about that is to rank in the top 10 in the search engine listings. To do that, you have to optimize your shop for the search engines. That includes quite a number of things but the place to start is by installing the contributions that help with this, like Header Tags and Ultimate SEO, to name just two. Search the forums for SEO or search engine optimization to find other things that need to be done. Without these changes, it is very unlkely that you will reach a high enough position to make a difference to your site.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Each one is different. You need to download them and open the archive. There are instructions in each as to how to install them. You can always as on the forums if you get stuck.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have installed untimate SEO's but when i tried the header tags install i lost my site and had to restore from back-up, i am a big scared to try installing again !!!

Thank got for back-ups hey...

I also could do with some help on this one....

Thanks

Darren

• 2 weeks later...

What about the Dynamic Meta Tags contribution or is that old-hat now ?

Just for the record it's the only "here kitty kitty..." plugin I've got (and ever tried) and it's taken me right to the top of google and almost every other search engine I've ever 'tested'.

I'm not sure if this is ethical but to prove my point do a google on "NSD POWERBALL" (without the quotes). Just the word POWERBALL is a tough one to crack, but still.. I'm even on that list (6 or 7th). Many other combinations of wording and product description that my site comprises has managed to infiltrate the ranks of google and all the others...

It wasn't intentional at all !! - I plugged the DMT contrib in, popped in a few extra words here and there - about two months later I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Today, 8 months down it's "thick".

Psh!! sure I'm impressed - but look at what I'm selling, it's extremely focussed - one product dominates an entire site. Reciprocal and Rhetorical links within my site (could) just masturbate the product into oblivion and generate loads of "hype" in it's wake.

I could do that, but I haven't.... these 'Dynamic' Metas have done it all and now that I know how this works I do watch the wording - scatter them... and DMT brings them together in the Metas. Merely an observation mind... I do not (have the time to) angle my documents and product descriptions.

The old philosophy of "don't fix it if it works" applies here. The Header Tags and SEOs scare me but I think I would take them if I had a wider store. 65 mods down the line I would eat these contribs for breakfast.

Okay I'll stop now.. this is starting to look like a CV.

If you're not riding the google crest, at least have fun getting there..... but pay attention - it's not just about getting there, it's about service, price and a bunch of other important stuff that all comes together perfectly.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people, especially in groups.

Hi

I'm not saying Header Tags and Ultimate SEO are not great because they are and jack is right install them first ( this is a must ) but in my opinion CONTENT IS KING and you need to exchange a lot of links and i mean a lot, think 100 then times that by 10 at least, this is the two most important things to do but make sure the "content" is relevant if not you could get blacklisted and keep the "links" in you field that you deal in.

Hope that helps a little.

HAPPY NEW YEAR : )

• 1 month later...
This Is MY Site : Gatoons.com

I need to know how to make my site have lots of traffic and sales without having fork out money?

Hi there and i would like to respond to this by just saying if you would like to have free advice i can provide this place where you can get that:

take care,

Sergio,

if you would ?.. http://www.payitforward4profits.com/sergio72

Archived