• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

oscommerce template setup fees

Hi, I am wondering if any of you can help me with the following:

I am new to the e-commerce world, so any info would be great! I have decided to use an osCommerce website template. I will need to have someone customize it to have my company's feel.

1) What is a typical price for this? I have been quoted anywhere from $100.00-$550.00

Also, I was told that it was better to have someone integrate the oscommerce shopping cart.

2)Can someone explain this to me? I thought the osCommerce template already had the shopping cart integrated.

I want to use Website Payment Pro for my merchant acct.

3)Does this need a professional to set up? I was quoted $100.00

I really want to understand how this works, so I can make an informed decision. Any help would be great. Thank you!

If you mean you are going to use the "stock" download of osC, it would take an experienced user a few minutes to install. If you are then going to have the developer customise it to your requirements, $100 is cheap and you should snap his/her hand off. Likewise if you are going to buy a template.

If you mean you are going to use the "stock" download of osC, it would take an experienced user a few minutes to install. If you are then going to have the developer customise it to your requirements, $100 is cheap and you should snap his/her hand off. Likewise if you are going to buy a template.

I guess it's the 'stock' download. Not sure. The template customization will be more than a $100.00. The 100 bucks was for the merchant acct integration (website pmt pro-through paypal). Is this still a good deal? :)

Thank you

You're paying for knowledge. If you don't know how to do it but this guy gets your site integrated with your gateway/merchant account, then $100 is money well spent.

As for the site customisation, you could pay up to $2000 for a one off design. If you aren't too bothered about being unique, a professional looking template will cost around $150. Then maybe a few $$$ more to get it how you want it.

Archived