• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1st backup attempt ... need help

yamawho

I have been reading on the forum that to make a complete backup of the store I need to the following;

1 - Use the backup option in OSC

2 - Transfer the whole site by ftp to my computer

When I enter the tools I get this message ...

Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/rpcqu3/public_html/catalog/includes/configure.php

How do I set this up ?

for a backup needing write access to that file? strange.

I just need reed access to back that file up.

the admin backup is then only suposed to make a backup of the database I thought

To use the backup option in OSC you need to create a file in your catalog section named backup and give it permission 755 or 777 so it can be written on and the manipulation works. It is not a file that exists when you install osc.

To use the backup option in OSC you need to create a file in your catalog section named backup and give it permission 755 or 777 so it can be written on and the manipulation works. It is not a file that exists when you install osc.

Please explain how to create this file.

Please explain how to create this file.

With your FTP program connect to your website, open your admin directory and with a right click on your mouse you should have 'create a directory'. Creat a new directory in the admin directory and name it 'backups', giving 755 or 777 permissions so that osc can write to it. Be sure that in admin/includes/configure.php the file is defined as below :

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

Then when you go to your control panel you will see under "Tools' the backup directory and all you have to do is backup!

Archived