• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

oscommerce templates??

trupti

Hello all,

I am trying to change the look and feel of my oscommerce store and purchased a template for this as I couldnt find any free templates. The way this seems to work is I have to reinstall the entire store using their web installation wizard. That done, ( i installed their dummy store on another location) , it gave me an error while accessing the admin panel "Cannot reassign $this to null in ..../uploads.php". After researching on this on oscommerce support forums and all and finding the fix to be commenting out $this = null in uploads.php and adding unset($this), I could access the admin section. However now I cant edit the images for any product/category. I cant even add/edit/delete any category or product. It says "Warning : File not uploaded". If I am tryign to make any sort of changes via the admin, the tool simply deletes the information from the db , for example I tried changing the log file to check what was happening and well , it simply deleted the value of the log file , when I tried to update its name.

Well , this is the response I got from the support team of the template company...

********************************************************************************

I am still awaiting a reply from your support team. We are using php version 5.1.4 and MySQL 4.1.14. Your osc template package is not compatible with php 5 , is what I have gathered. Do you have a template package for php 5??

Gordon J. Blair Posted On: 14 Dec 2006 06:15 PM

Hello Trupti,

Thanks for contacting Technical Support Department of Template-Help.com! We appreciate your participation in the betterment of our products!

No, this template can work only with hosting with PHP4x and MySQL4x;

Best regards,

Technical Support Department

So well that seems to be the issue, I really do not want to downgrade the php version 5 to 4, not to mention what more errors I might encounter if I do that. Anyone out here who have installed a professional template system for oscommerce with the server configuration I posted??

Server Host: FieldMonitoring (FieldMonitoring)

Server OS: Linux 2.6.12-gentoo-r6 Database: MySQL 4.1.14-log

HTTP Server: Apache/2.2.3 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8d PHP/5.1.4

PHP Version: 5.1.4 (Zend: 2.1.0)

Do let me know the site details??

Thanks.

You can follow the update instructions for the latest oscommerce and by doing that make your template compatible with PHP5.

You can follow the update instructions for the latest oscommerce and by doing that make your template compatible with PHP5.

Could you guide me to the link or page for updating it?? The template oscommerce is MS2 , compatible with PHP4x and MySQL4x. To which version should I update the current copy of the code. Please guide me to the link and the instructions for doing this?? Thanks for your help.

Could you guide me to the link or page for updating it?? The template oscommerce is MS2 , compatible with PHP4x and MySQL4x. To which version should I update the current copy of the code. Please guide me to the link and the instructions for doing this?? Thanks for your help.

download the latest oscommerce version update instructions are inside the package.

Are you getting 1064 errors?

No I am not getting 1064 errors. I am not able to upload images or add/delete categories using the admin tool for osc. Whenever I try to edit an existing product, and hit the < PREVIEW> button..it deletes everything that was there previously, content is not updated and there is a warning on the top saying

Warning: No file uploaded.

In the products table view , I get a blank row for that product. :( ...As suggested by toyicebear , I have updated the oscommerce package , updated till 051113, this is the link that I have used.

oscommerce update 051113

I have yet to do the final update 060817, however I thought after doing previous two updates , it should have worked?? Still no success. Could you guide me to previous updates , the ones before 051113, I think there are still some files I need to change so that it works.

Thanks all your help and suggestions appreciated.

- Trupti

download the latest oscommerce version update instructions are inside the package.

As suggested by you , I have updated the oscommerce package , updated till 051113, this is the link that I have used.

oscommerce update 051113

I have yet to do the final update 060817, however I thought after doing previous two updates , it should have worked?? Still no success. Could you guide me to previous updates , the ones before 051113, I think there are still some files I need to change so that it works.

I am not getting 1064 errors as asked by crash..... I am not able to upload images or add/delete categories using the admin tool for osc. Whenever I try to edit an existing product, and hit the < PREVIEW> button..it deletes everything that was there previously, content is not updated and there is a warning on the top saying

Warning: No file uploaded.

In the products table view , I get a blank row for that product. after I hit update or even if I just hit back, the contents are lost , once I hit <PREVIEW>. Which file do I need to check for this?? Please let me know...

Thanks all your help and suggestions, appreciated!!

- Trupti

When you press preview then hit update and see if that inserts the product?

No it doesnt, Once I hit preview, it deletes the content from the database for that product , and a blank row appears in the catalog/categories/products table view. Even if I hit update or back button , it works the same way. I still get the error

Warning : FIle not uploaded

and apart from not actually uploading the file , it deletes the previous contents as well..

Whats the link to the update from oscommerce milestone 1 to oscommerce milestone 2?/

Please let me know..

Oks well, it seems its not a template package issue but an osc issue because I downloaded and installed the

exact package that you pointed me to in the previous link which is

http://www.oscommerce.com/solutions/downloads

and I am still facing the same problem. This is the error I am getting when I try to add a new product to the default store

Warning Warning: No file uploaded.

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /............./admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /............./admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

You can check the admin part at My Store

and see what I am talking about.

Please guide me on this..I think its not the template issue after all..

Awaiting replies..Thanks!!

- Trupti

I have tested your admin by adding a product and I notice the error has a path of htdocs/catalog/catalog_org/admin

but my address bar shows https://www.fieldmonitoring.com/catalog_org/admin/

so maybe your paths are wrong in the configure file found in admin/includes/configure.php

regards

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

I have tested your admin by adding a product and I notice the error has a path of htdocs/catalog/catalog_org/admin

but my address bar shows https://www.fieldmonitoring.com/catalog_org/admin/

so maybe your paths are wrong in the configure file found in admin/includes/configure.php

regards

No theyare not wrong, I am trying a dummy store at catalog_org. My original store is located at

www.fieldmonitoring.com.

Archived