• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Urgently need help in changing sql query in new_products.php

clementwong

HI,

Can anyone please tell me how to change the sql query below so that I can get only the 6 latest added products displayed? This is urgent. Thank you.

Clement

<!-- new_products //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS);

new infoBoxHeading1($info_box_contents,true,true,false);

?>

<div style="background-color:#fff; border:1px solid #A6B3BA; border-width:0px 1px; text-align:center; ">

<?php

if ( (!isset($new_products_category_id)) || ($new_products_category_id == '0') ) {

$new_products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where products_status = '1' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);

} else {

$new_products_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and c.parent_id = '" . (int)$new_products_category_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);

}

$row = 0;

$col = 0;

$info_box_contents = array();

while ($new_products = tep_db_fetch_array($new_products_query)) {

$new_products['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($new_products['products_id']);

$sql = 'SELECT `products_description` FROM `products_description` WHERE products_id ='.$new_products['products_id'].' && language_id='.(int)$languages_id;

$description_query = tep_db_query($sql);

$description = mysql_fetch_array($description_query, MYSQL_ASSOC);

$description['products_description'] = substr($description['products_description'], 0, 65);

$desc_len = strlen($description['products_description']);

$description['products_description'][$desc_len-1] = '.';

$description['products_description'][$desc_len-2] = '.';

$description['products_description'][$desc_len-3] = '.';

if ( ($col == 1 && $row == 0) || ($col == 1 && $row == 2) ){

$info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'center',

'params' => 'width="1" height="100%" valign="middle" ',

'text' => '<table height="" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" >

<tr>

<td><div style="width:1px;"><span style="font-size:1px;"> </span></div></td>

</tr>

</table>');

}

elseif (($col == 0 && $row == 1) || ($col == 2 && $row == 1)) {

'params' => 'height="1"',

'text' => '<table width="95%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" >

<tr>

<td style="font-size:1px;background:url(images/points.gif) repeat-x;"> </td>

</tr>

</table>');

}

elseif ($col == 1 && $row == 1) {

$info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => '',

'params' => '',

'text' => '<span style="font-size:1px;"> </span>');

}

else {

'params' => 'class="main" width="50%" valign="top" align="left"',

'text' => '<table width="96%" cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 border=0 style="margin-bottom:4px;">

<tr>

<td colspan="2" height="35" style="padding:0px 10px;" align=left><div class="productName"><b>'.$new_products['products_name'].'</b></div></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td style="padding-bottom:2px;"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], $new_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'align="absmiddle"') . '</a></td>

<td height="32" valign="bottom" align="left" style="color:#586770; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold;">Price:<br/><span style="color:#C20000; font-size:14px; font-weight:bold; "> ' . $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])).'</span></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" class="main" valign=top align="right" style="padding-right:1px; >'. tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product')).'

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td style="padding-top:1px; padding-right:1px;" ><a href="'.tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']).'">'.tep_image_button('button_details.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_DETAILS).'</a></td><td style="padding-top:1px;"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_add_to_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) . '</a></td>

</tr>

</table></form>

</td>

</tr>

</table>'); }

$col ++;

if ($col > 2) {

$col = 0;

$row ++;

}

}

new contentBox($info_box_contents, 0);

?>

</div>

<?php new infoBoxFooter(''); ?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- new_products_eof //-->

HI,

Can anyone please tell me how to change the sql query below so that I can get only the 6 latest added products displayed? This is urgent. Thank you.

Clement

if ( (!isset($new_products_category_id)) || ($new_products_category_id == '0') ) {

$new_products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where products_status = '1' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);

The MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS is being set seomwhere. Not sure what file.

You could manually change this yourself :

p.products_date_added desc limit 6);

or :

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/G..._and_Tricks/264

You have to enter into your database and look for the MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS inside you have to change the variable to display just 6.

I can't tell you more because I changed all my new_products.php

Ah yes.

In the config table. You could run this sql :

update configuration

set configuration_value = '6'

where configuration_key = 'MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS'

david

Ah yes.

In the config table. You could run this sql :

update configuration

set configuration_value = '6'

where configuration_key = 'MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS'

david

I've run the sql supply by you in the database and it seem no use. The new_products is still out of control. Which means when I set 6 at "Maximum number of new products to display in a category" at the control panel... it shows only 2 items in random and not the one that is added most recently... All I want to know is to understand what actually the new_products.php is getting and displaying from the database?

I've run the sql supply by you in the database and it seem no use. The new_products is still out of control. Which means when I set 6 at "Maximum number of new products to display in a category" at the control panel... it shows only 2 items in random and not the one that is added most recently...

Hm. I'm stumped.

this should be taking care of things :

order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);

Check the products_date_added in the products table and make sure the date stamp is being inserted properly.

I have to run - but can take a closer look later tonight.

d

I've run the sql supply by you in the database and it seem no use. The new_products is still out of control. Which means when I set 6 at "Maximum number of new products to display in a category" at the control panel... it shows only 2 items in random and not the one that is added most recently... All I want to know is to understand what actually the new_products.php is getting and displaying from the database?

can you send URL ?

d

I've changed all the date_added in the database for all items to an older date and then changed 6 items to the most current date... but the new_products.php is not showing the new one, it even shows the older ones...

I am thinking of getting rid of the new_product and replace with my own html. This thing is getting into my nerves...

I've changed all the date_added in the database for all items to an older date and then changed 6 items to the most current date... but the new_products.php is not showing the new one, it even shows the older ones...

I am thinking of getting rid of the new_product and replace with my own html. This thing is getting into my nerves...

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3802

Hi Clement - I know you reference the new_products.php file in your original post.

Just to be clear :

There is also a products_new.php file :

http://www.urbanteesonline.com/estore/cata...roducts_new.php

Is this the file you mean to reference ?

I don't get the hole posting here.

The new_products part (new products for ...) is by default correct as you seem to want it. This is set in includes/modules/new_products.php

but on the url provided I only see the featured products, not the new ones... So I think you need to be looking at a hole different part of code.

Actually there are two of them, one is the default products_new.php, I have no problem with it, the other one, which I published in this thread, is somehow I think something has done wrong in the sql query. That's why I need clarification and opinion from you guys.

Somehow, I have removed the new_products.php and replace it with my own flash. If any of you still interested to look deep into the new_products.php, just let me know, I can set it up in another domain for troubleshooting. I just need to carry on with this website...

I do appreciate your help.

Archived