• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with Paypal

Hello,me again, I ran into another problem today, somebody ordered some products through me with Paypal, they made the payment and everything, the problem is, I did not recieve a confirmation email from my store like I usually do, I got a confirmation from Paypal which is fine, the problem is, it did not display any products he ordered the only thing it said was tha payment is for Sniperwolf Software, is there anything special i need to do to get the products he ordered, it doesn't even come up on my store as purchased, thank you!!

This happens when a customer doesn't click "Continue" during the paypal processing. You should check out the PayPal IPN contribution.

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."

-- Andrew Jackson

but if he weren't to of finished the entire process then shouldn't I have not recieved the confirmation from paypal, I don't understand that, I thought that the oscommerce would have emailed me just like the money order option would have.

I could be wrong, but it sounds like the customer completed the PayPal processing, but they didn't click "continue" to take them back to your store. So PayPal notified you because the transaction had completed (at least on its end), but the order didn't register in your store because your store never found out about it.

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."

-- Andrew Jackson

Paul,

If this is the worst problem you ever have with paypal, you should consider yourself lucky.

This has been a know issue with paypal for a very long time. If you check the forum for previous threads concerning this, you will see dozens of people complaining about the same thing.

The problem is with PayPal. They refuse to make it more clear that the customer "must" click the comtinue button. If you email them, they will tell you all aobut their IPN solution.

Luckily, Pablo has worked very hard to provide a contribution that incorporated this IPN with OSCommerce. You would be wise to further research this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Opps, I meant Mike.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

wow, so it is the fact that the person did not continue after paying? I better state that they must continue after rigstering they're payment then, thank you very much for the help.

Like I said, Pablo's PayPal IPN contribution goes a LONG way twards solving the problem completely.

Archived