• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can I add subcategories to normal categories?

oscommercenewby

Hello all. I've a question about categories in osCommerce. I have tried to made a main category for example "games". Now I want to add the categories "pc" and "ps2" as subcategories under "games". In the pc and ps2 categories I want to add certain products. Somehow it doesn't seem to work when I create these subcategories. The products are not accessable via the navigation menu. Is there a way I can access those subcategories via the navigation menu?

Well, if I understand you correctly, you want to make visible the subcategories in the categories menu under their principal categorie, didn't you?

So if this is what you want, I give you 2 options:

1) Use the addon coolmenu, that you can find in the contributions.

2) Modify Includes-->Boxes-->categories.php where you have to introduce handly the new variables.

Well, if I understand you correctly, you want to make visible the subcategories in the categories menu under their principal categorie, didn't you?

So if this is what you want, I give you 2 options:

1) Use the addon coolmenu, that you can find in the contributions.

2) Modify Includes-->Boxes-->categories.php where you have to introduce handly the new variables.

This is not good advice. OSCommerce displays all categories and subcategories in the category box. You can add as many categories, sub categories (and sub-sub categories) as you like.

If the sub categories you create are not displaying then there is a problem with your store. Possibly the /includes/boxes/categories.php file has been edited incorrectly, or there is a database or configuration problem that needs fixing.

Archived