• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Comptability Attributes? List/Menu

Ramsay

Hey looking to integrate a compatibility drop down menu on my catalog area on index.php for each manufacturer I have.

So the user would select the model of their device (e.g. Sony Ericsson p910i phone) from a drop down list of Sony devices (this product list would be populated from the database). The shop would then display all products compatible with the Sony Ericsson p910i (e.g batteries, chargers etc) of course these products are also compatible with other Sony Ericsson devices so they should display for those devices as well.

Is there a simple way of doing this? Do I need to use a contribution?

Thanks for the help so far from people on the forum.

Example:

dropdownnu5.gif

-Ramsay

Contributions Installed: STSv43 (Simple Template System), Protx Direct v3.0a, Secure Admin Login - Logout 1.5, UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping v 1.2 (FULL), Order Editor v2.8.2 With some Bug Fix - New, Ultimate SEO URLs v2.2.1, Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes)

Would the avsearch contribution be able to help me with this...or is there something better :blink: ?

-Ramsay

Contributions Installed: STSv43 (Simple Template System), Protx Direct v3.0a, Secure Admin Login - Logout 1.5, UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping v 1.2 (FULL), Order Editor v2.8.2 With some Bug Fix - New, Ultimate SEO URLs v2.2.1, Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes)

Would the avsearch contribution be able to help me with this...or is there something better :blink: ?

-Ramsay

have not been able to do that with avsearch. Has anyone got any suggestions?

cheers

I am still stumped with this. Can I use something like 'filter_id' to do this. I just want to filter the products with the compatible products in a drop down list :blink:

Archived