• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stupid Question About Testing USPS

Azure Moon

Hi!

A total and complete newbie here, so please be kind. All of this is waaaay over my head and I just want to make sure I have everything correct and working before I put any items on my site.

My site was prebuilt and I want to use the USPS for shipping. I have enable/installed that on my site, and according to another forum member, all I have to do is call them so that they can change me to "production".

I did receive a confirmation e mail from the USPS with a user ID, but don't I have to perform a test before calling them? Currently, I do not have any items on my site (my digital camera is in for repair)...can I still do a test?

Any further help will be greatly appreciated.

Brightest Blessings,

Azure Moon

The USPS module doesn't work in test mode. Just switch it to the production server and try a test order. You can cancel it from your USPS account afterwards.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The USPS module doesn't work in test mode. Just switch it to the production server and try a test order. You can cancel it from your USPS account afterwards.

Jack

Hi Jack!

My savior...once again. I do not yet have any items on my website, so how can I do a test? Please advise.

Many Blessings,

Azure Moon

Hi Jack!

My savior...once again. I do not yet have any items on my website, so how can I do a test? Please advise.

Many Blessings,

Azure Moon

you can add a product in for $0.01 with no picture for you to test features

altho you dont need to test this to make it work properly, if they give you hassle about not sending in a test tell them that you are using oscommerce and that it dosnt work on the test server, no biggie

Archived