• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Few questions

Chris369

1) How do i add text to the index? At the moment it just says "Whats new here?" and id like to change that to Welcome to xxxx and then add a bit about the site below that. I tried editing the file mentioned on this page under Index Text - http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/C...n_and_Layout/53 - but it had loads of text that doesnt show on my index (like, this is the default osCommerce installation, you can change the bits in green etc etc) so thought its probably not the correct page.

2) Is there a contribution that lets me split the products into pages? So instead of 20 products in a huge list, i can have 10 to a page with Next and Previous etc down the bottom.

Thanks for any help.

1) How do i add text to the index? At the moment it just says "Whats new here?" and id like to change that to Welcome to xxxx and then add a bit about the site below that. I tried editing the file mentioned on this page under Index Text - http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/C...n_and_Layout/53 - but it had loads of text that doesnt show on my index (like, this is the default osCommerce installation, you can change the bits in green etc etc) so thought its probably not the correct page.

2) Is there a contribution that lets me split the products into pages? So instead of 20 products in a huge list, i can have 10 to a page with Next and Previous etc down the bottom.

Thanks for any help.

1) Go to your admin tool, www.yoursite.com/admin, or www.yoursite.com/catalog/admin, and log in. Click on "languages' under Localization. Assuming English is highlighted, click "details". Find index.php. Click it. Edit your changes in there, so that it's in this type of format:

define('TEXT_MAIN', '

Put your stuff in here ... use html all you want, etc. ...

');

Make any other necessary changes to index.php on that page.

If you want to get rid of that "Welcome, Guest. Would you like to login or create an account?" thing, go to your (catalog)/index.php and open it up. Search for "greeting" and then just eliminate this line, located on or around line 301:

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>

2) Download and install this contribution: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3012

Good luck.

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

Thanks for any help.

on 2) go to admin/max values/search results and write the number of products you want to show per page

Hi! somebody knows if there is any way to change the text of the heading page title, so each category has a different one?

For example: i want to change the title of the category "Software" for "Find new software here" instead "What's New Here?" and change the title of the category "Accesories" for "Find accesories for your computer here"...

Thanks!

Yes ... sooner or later, in my mind, it's a mandate that you install the Header Tags Controller, and download the latest one by JackMCS.

It's a difficult contribution to install, but once you have, it's extremely beneficial for search engines, among other things.

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

I tried adding some text but i get an error. If i just have one word like Hello then it will display on the homepage, but if i add anything more then i get an error.

Whats wrong with that i have done?

define('TEXT_MAIN','Game-Played.co.uk is currently under construction so it's not recommended that you purchase anything just yet!');

Instead of:

define('TEXT_MAIN','Game-Played.co.uk is currently under construction so it's not recommended that you purchase anything just yet!');

Try:

define('TEXT_MAIN','Game-Played.co.uk is currently under construction so it\'s not recommended that you purchase anything just yet!');

The_Bear

Archived