• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No Payment Modules

I can't for the life of me figure out why this is happening. I am upgraded to Version 2.2, and cannot find anyway to turn on the payment modules in the admin Menu.

I have checked all my configuration files, they seem to be ok. When you go to any of the Module sections in the admin Menu, it simply show the Modules Directory string, and nothing else. No preloaded modules, nothing. Just the directory the modules are stored in.

After the fact, I attempted to store the PAYPAL IPN module, to see if it could pick it up, but no, Nothing happened there. I installed following the instructions, but no Paypal Module is visible in the Payment Module Screen. I've done a couple searches for this problem on the Board. I found a couple people who were having the same issue as myself, though there seemed to be no answer.

I'm posting hoping maybe one of those people got an answer?

Can anyone help me out? This seems to be the only thing holding my site back.

THanks,

Ra

Bumps are a bad idea :(

v2.2 looks in the /catalog/includes/modules/payment folder and any file it finds there it loads in Admin as a Payment method that you can turn on/off

Then, in /catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment is a matching file name with the text for that module.

If you happen to have a module in the /catalog/includes/modules/payment folder that begins with a number or weird characters like - in the name you will get odd results.

If you see no payment modules to select from, check that there are in fact files in the two directories for the Admin to look at.

If the files are there but you cannot turn them on/off you can check your configuration table and see if the module thinks it is loaded with a bad record that is preventing you from turning it on/off

Things to check:

Makie sure you loaded the *code* part of the module in: /catalog/includes/modules/payment folder and the text part of the module in: /catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment folder

Mixing the two up does result in a few bizzar errors :shock:

I have looked into both:

/catalog/includes/modules/payment

And

/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment

Both are matching in files, and neither have *Funny* names, with numbers or wild symbols. They are the standard file names that come with OScommerce, + the added files for the Paypal IPN v.87.

If the files are there but you cannot turn them on/off you can check your configuration table and see if the module thinks it is loaded with a bad record that is preventing you from turning it on/off

I'm not sure I understand this part. Can you be more specific on the configuration table? Is this a web page I check, or an acutally config file?

As I understand it, Oscommerce comes loaded with 12+ payment options already to go, I'm not getting any of these, just the directory string of

"c:/wwwroot/moabutahoutdoors/catalog/includes/modules/payment/"

I appreciate your help, keep it coming!!

THanks

Ra

I wanted to say, I found the solution to my particular problem, and maybe the answer will help a few other people as well.

In admin/includes/configure.php

I had to change to actual file structure on all the FS file declarations.

I had thought I had fixed this earlier, but I come to find out I was forgetting one of the Directories in the string.

Upon adding the directory, all the payment options became available and viewable.

Thanks

Ra

• 4 years later...
I wanted to say, I found the solution to my particular problem, and maybe the answer will help a few other people as well.

I had thought I had fixed this earlier, but I come to find out I was forgetting one of the Directories in the string.

Upon adding the directory, all the payment options became available and viewable.

Thanks

Ra

Change them from what to what????

I am having the same problem as you were.

• 1 month later...

Thanks

Ra

Hi, I am having the same problem. Did you fix yours and how. Thank you.

I had this exact same problem for a long time with one of my test sites and when I finally got around to fixing it found that it was in the admin/includes/configure.php file, specifically (in my case) the line

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/'); // absolute path required

because when it says "absolute path required" they're not kidding! At first I had just

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/'); // absolute path required

and everything worked just fine except the payment modules wouldn't load in admin.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

I had this exact same problem for a long time with one of my test sites and when I finally got around to fixing it found that it was in the admin/includes/configure.php file, specifically (in my case) the line
  define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/www/store/'); // absolute path required

I have posted my configure.php files here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1033033

I don't know what else it could be.... Any ideas would be great.

Thank you for your post.

The server is linux, so I browsed to the root of my site where the index.php file and admin/ dir is is and typed 'pwd' (print working directory) and '/www/store/' came back. That is the same value that is in my 'DIR_FS_CATALOG':

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/www/store/'); // absolute path required

I have posted my configure.php files here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1033033

I don't know what else it could be.... Any ideas would be great.

Have you tried

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/www/'); // absolute path required

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Have you tried
  define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/www/'); // absolute path required

Just tried that. That outputs the wrong path. This was working yesterday, it just stopped for no reason. Really weird.

Here is what I see:

screenshot.jpg

Just tried that. That outputs the wrong path. This was working yesterday, it just stopped for no reason. Really weird.

same problem here... i tried different fs.directonary but no changes.. :(

I read alot of stuff about checking the DIR_FS_PATH and guess what it was. My DIR_FS_PATH!

The reason why I was fooled was that I trusted 'pwd' which gave me a full path of '/www/store/'. Then when I looked at the Apache Environment, DOCUMENT_ROOT value in the php.info page ( Located in Admin -> Tools -> Server Info ) the full path was more complete. Plugged that value in and it worked.

Thanks all for your time. Up and running again.

I read alot of stuff about checking the DIR_FS_PATH and guess what it was. My DIR_FS_PATH!

The reason why I was fooled was that I trusted 'pwd' which gave me a full path of '/www/store/'. Then when I looked at the Apache Environment, DOCUMENT_ROOT value in the php.info page ( Located in Admin -> Tools -> Server Info ) the full path was more complete. Plugged that value in and it worked.

Then when I looked at the Apache Environment, DOCUMENT_ROOT value in the php.info page ( Located in Admin -> Tools -> Server Info ) the full path was more complete. Plugged that value in and it worked.

Sorry....but where you plugged that value??? I have the same problem, but i don't know where i have to change the value.

The file:

admin/includes/configure.php

Following lines:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'home/xyz/www/home/'); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/xyz/www/home/admin/'); // absolute pate required

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/xyz/www/home/'); // absolute path required

The file:

Following lines:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'home/xyz/www/home/'); // where the pages are located on the server

Hello!

i changed the lines:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'catalog/'); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate required

ddefine('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required

but the result is the same:

snap.gif

>_<

i tryed also with:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'http://lnx.ballacchinomoto.it/catalog/'); // where the

pages are located on the server

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', 'http://lnx.ballacchinomoto.it/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate

required

ddefine('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'http://lnx.ballacchinomoto.it/catalog/'); // absolute path

required

but the result is the same

i tryed also with:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'http://lnx.ballacchinomoto.it/catalog/'); // where the

pages are located on the server

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', 'http://lnx.ballacchinomoto.it/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate

required

ddefine('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'http://lnx.ballacchinomoto.it/catalog/'); // absolute path

required

but the result is the same

None of these are even remotely correct. These lines should be something like this:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/'); // where the pages are located on the server
  define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/admin/'); // absolute path required
  define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/'); // absolute path required

In these examples /hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/ is the absolute path.

If your admin panel still works go to Admin->Tools->Server Info and scroll down until you see the value for DOCUMENT_ROOT. The value of that variable is your absolute path.

Take that value, add a backslash at the end if it doesn't have one, and plug it in where I have shown /hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/ in my example.

click

help program (last menu-point) -> Server Info

then scroll down to:

Apache Environment

there is the line:

DOCUMENT_ROOT /home/xyz/www/home

this is what you have to add in the configure file but with an additional /

The file:

Following lines:

Take the value for the DOCUMENT_ROOT as discussed above, (for example: /data/in/s/user/www) and edit the configure.php file in admin/includes. My store happens to be in a dir called 'store':

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/data/in/s/sozo/user/store/'); // where the pages are located on the server
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/store/admin/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/data/in/s/sozo/user/store/admin/'); // absolute pate required
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/store/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/data/in/s/user/www/store/'); // absolute path required

None of these are even remotely correct. These lines should be something like this:
  define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/'); // where the pages are located on the server
  define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/admin/'); // absolute path required

In these examples /hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/ is the absolute path.

If your admin panel still works go to Admin->Tools->Server Info and scroll down until you see the value for DOCUMENT_ROOT. The value of that variable is your absolute path.

Take that value, add a backslash at the end if it doesn't have one, and plug it in where I have shown /hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/ in my example.

Hello!

in my Admin->Tools->Server Info the value for DOCUMENT_ROOT is /web/htdocs/www.ballacchinomoto.it/home/ i change the value but the result is the same. <_< I have a question: this value is server assigned or i can change it?

Thank you very much

Archived