• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

A Stupid Question Regarding Pictures

Azure Moon

Hi!

A total newbie here, so please be kind and use laymen's terms.

Is there a way to have two different pictures of the same item show when a customer clicks on a particular item? Kind of like picture in picture on a television.

I have some pendants with a "poison box" top (the top opens and have a gemstone set on top) and instead of just the straight on picture of the pendant, I would like the customer to be able to possibly click on another image showing the top of the pendant. Is there an easy way to do this? Again...I'm OsCommerce illiterate, so step by step, EASY instructions are needed.

Brightest Blessings,

Azure Moon :blink:

Azure,

I'm about as new and illiterate as you. However, I think how I would do this is to save both of your images as one picture. When the customer enlarges the thumbnail pic both of the images would be displayed on the same page at the same time. Probably would have to store the enlarged pic on your web site and just have the "Click To Enlarge" function point at the address.

Dan

Azure,

I'm about as new and illiterate as you. However, I think how I would do this is to save both of your images as one picture. When the customer enlarges the thumbnail pic both of the images would be displayed on the same page at the same time. Probably would have to store the enlarged pic on your web site and just have the "Click To Enlarge" function point at the address.

Dan

Hi Dan!

Thanks for responding so quickly. I kind of understand what you're saying. Again, this is all waaaay over my head. How would I save both images as one picture? If I save it the first time, and then try to save the alternative image of the same item, it would just replace/save over the first picture, wouldn't it? Please elaborate if you can.

Many Blessings,

Azure Moon

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what is going on here myself. I was looking for something lke this myself and came accross this thread. What you would end up with on your web site would be a smalll thumbnail image then a completely seperate image when it is enlarged.

Hi Dan,

Mucho thanks for the thread...that makes more sense. Whew...my poor remaining brain cells had their little bags half packed! Ha! Thanks again.

Brightest Blessings,

Azure Moon

Hi!

A total newbie here, so please be kind and use laymen's terms.

Is there a way to have two different pictures of the same item show when a customer clicks on a particular item? Kind of like picture in picture on a television.

I have some pendants with a "poison box" top (the top opens and have a gemstone set on top) and instead of just the straight on picture of the pendant, I would like the customer to be able to possibly click on another image showing the top of the pendant. Is there an easy way to do this? Again...I'm OsCommerce illiterate, so step by step, EASY instructions are needed.

Brightest Blessings,

Azure Moon :blink:

You should install one of the multiple image contributions, like MoPics.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived