• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Check out my store

Store is live just so you know, you place a order you get the order.

I installed a few contribs, ill try to remember them all.

USPSMethods

PayPal IPN

PayPal WPP

Meta Controller

Sitemap

an image contrib, not sure what one.

Please tell me what you think, if you want to give it a test run, add some items to the cart and go thru the process, just dont pay at the end.

My Store

Thanks

Thought I would also advertise the new contrib I just uploaded to oscommerce. (still waiting for it to be approved)

Here is my support thread

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=242374

And here is a demo of the contrib

http://www.multe-media.com/shop/create_account_zip.php

Its a AJAX City State script. Just enter your zipcode and it automatically inserts the correct City and State. Give it a try, but keep in mind that this is a live site.

The site looks pretty good.

I'm on my laptop and the colour scheme you have chosen looks a bit washed out. You might want to try a font with a bit more contrast with your background,

For my taste your header takes up too much space. I have to scroll to see the description for each product.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

• 1 month later...

I'm on my laptop and the colour scheme you have chosen looks a bit washed out. You might want to try a font with a bit more contrast with your background,

For my taste your header takes up too much space. I have to scroll to see the description for each product.

Ok I changed my header. The bottom left part of the header looks a tad empty. Im thinking about moving the quick search to up there instead of at the bottom. Please let me know if you see anything that needs improvements or if you have some ideas to spruce it up a bit.

Thanks

Ok I changed my header. The bottom left part of the header looks a tad empty. Im thinking about moving the quick search to up there instead of at the bottom. Please let me know if you see anything that needs improvements or if you have some ideas to spruce it up a bit.

Thanks

I like the way you set up the site but i wanted to hit the button and move on, the site is to washed out, and it made me feel like i didnt want to shop there. Sorry but its my honest view

blessings

kalli

I agree fully with him on all.

washed out mean its to light, to faded, theres nothing there that stands out, theres no contrast, its so plain, the header is to big, it takes up way to much room. I cant see the description till i scroll for each product. If i am in a hurry or looking to see what you have, its to much work and i would move on.

thats the best way i can explain it

but i do like the lay out, and i can see you took alot fo time to make it.

blessings

kalli

well you asked. and got the same honest answers here.

we all help each other here, we all want for each of us ot be sussessful

washed out means that the template u used has alot of grey in it and also has a white bg so theres no contrast and makes everything look ill defined 'washed out' and faded

Yes .. what he said

thanks Barefoot hon

blessings

kalli

Every few days someone asks for feedback regarding their store on the forum, some forget to mention the fact they are using a template and someopenly say it in the opening message.

In the case of this template I can only say it is a few years old now and too many people have uploaded it to a server and asked for feedback - you should try using the osc download and ftp that to a server, then starting makin your alterations there to 'make' and improve your site.

Failing that, maybe you should try a different template.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Archived