• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

List items separately in cart instead of quantity

psduua

Hi, folks. I've searched the contributions and forums and can't find what I'm looking for, so I hope you won't mind me picking your brains...

I'm using osCommerce for event registration, and if a customer wants to register multiple people for the same event, she adds the same registration form (item) to her cart multiple times. Trouble is, the shopping cart only shows the most recent addition with a quantity number by it, giving her the impression that the first registration has been lost.

Is there an existing contribution (or built-in option!) that will disable the quantity column and show each item in the cart separately instead?

Thank you in advance! --Ben

Hi, folks. I've searched the contributions and forums and can't find what I'm looking for, so I hope you won't mind me picking your brains...

I'm using osCommerce for event registration, and if a customer wants to register multiple people for the same event, she adds the same registration form (item) to her cart multiple times. Trouble is, the shopping cart only shows the most recent addition with a quantity number by it, giving her the impression that the first registration has been lost.

Is there an existing contribution (or built-in option!) that will disable the quantity column and show each item in the cart separately instead?

Thank you in advance! --Ben

you cannot add multiple occurrences of the same product to the cart as the cart's contents array uses the products_id as key. That is why the products_id for attributes is messed with to keep it unique for different attributes. So either follow the attribute trail or you would have to rewrite much in that class.

Treasurer MFC

you cannot add multiple occurrences of the same product to the cart as the cart's contents array uses the products_id as key. That is why the products_id for attributes is messed with to keep it unique for different attributes. So either follow the attribute trail or you would have to rewrite much in that class.

Sorry, I guess I forgot to mention that the attributes (i.e. the values in the registration form) are different each time the item is added to the cart, which means that the customers_basket.products_id is indeed unique each time. We haven't had any trouble getting the information out of osCommerce that is put in; the only problem is that people are confused by the shopping cart display, because it looks like they've registered one person multiple times instead of multiple people once each.

Has anyone else tackled this problem before? If not, I'll give it a shot... --Ben

• 5 weeks later...

I might have tackled the problem, if I understand right you are registering people, yes? You could require to add the people you register to be added to the address book first and then reference the address_book_id as products_options_values_id in your customers_basket_attributes. My problem was people sending gift shipments, as in 10 items in the cart to 10 different addresses. I created an empty options listing and create my own drop box with names (or whatever other information out of the address book) using the identifier id[2] in the products_info.php

That adds fine to the orders_products - now I just have to figure how to get my custom text fields transferred ...

Even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room.