• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Faq in information box doesnt work

greysun

first of all the Faq listing in the information box on the catalog page shows up as BOX_INFORMATION_FAQ. and when I click on it it tries to take me too http://www.bullislandmerchandising.com/cat...og/FILENAME_FAQ

If I manually point my browser to /catalog/zz_faq.php it loads fine and displays a sample faq I put in just for testing

Seems like the information box is just displaying and linking to the wrong thing.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advance

Hi,

just add the following into catalog/includes/application_top.php

define('FILENAME_FAQ', 'zz_faq.php');

there is a list of filename defines in application top, just add it to that list

example:

define('FILENAME_FAQ', 'faq.php');

define('FILENAME_PAYMENT', 'payment.php');

define('FILENAME_FEATURED', 'featured.php');

That should sort it.

Cheers

Matt

www.consoleplus.co.uk

THats what I thought too LOL

for some reason this doesnt work. Its still point to a directory that is wrong. Im wondering if I didnt copy the files over to the wrong place or something. I copied them in the exact tree that the Mod comes in which adds its own application_top.php to the "Local" folder inside "includes"

it also creates a second boxes directory and a seperate languages directory. is it correct for it to have created a whole new set of folders inside the "local" folder?

Im confused LOL

no, sounds wrong m8.

the zz_faq.php (or whatever you name it) should be in your catalog root.

the faq contirbution doesnt use anymore files i dont think, so as long as that file is in the catalog/ dir , and application top is definaing it properly it should work fine.

Thats weird, the one I downloaded comes with about 10 files

I think maybe they were just supposed to be added into the files they are named after. I will try going back and changing that tonight to see what happens.

I will let you know

Thanks for your help

I was just lookiong at the faq module again and it has its own config file which show the path as being admin/includes/local for those extra files so evidently it is made to run in its own directory.

Maybe your version is different than mine. I just downloaded it yesterday. Is your version older?

Does anyone know whats going on here?

OK,

I'm an idiot LOL

I should have payed better attention to your advise. I was adding it to the application_top that came with the module. When I added it to the one you said that fixed the link problem. it now goes to the right place.

Now I am left with the display problem. In the information box it is listed as BOX_INFORMATION_FAQ

Any ideas